Instrument light bulbs

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by Rckslick333, May 28, 2020.

1. Rckslick333

Rckslick333 New Member

United States
    I’m trying to find the instrument light bulbs number but I’m coming up dry. Apparently it’s a 12v 1.7w bulb according to my manual. Does anyone have the bulb number for it? Thanks!!! :)

2. raYzerman

raYzerman Member

Canada
    Map
    I can only give you Gen5... the little ones are #74 (warning lights) and the big ones #194 (backlighting and signal indicators).... IIRC, these were same in my Magna.... I replaced all mine with ones from Superbrite LED's.... amazing difference. Get the colours that go with the lens behind it, i.e,. green for green, amber for amber, etc.... always use the same bulb colour as the lens. White ones are bluish, will throw everything off.
    Daytime pic, see the tach shows it's green more, warning lights are bright, as are signal indicators (not lit).
    Second pic is in the shop with the lights off, not a great pic, lots of glare, it's nowhere near that bad but kind of an idea what it would look like at night (if the glare was gone).

Dash Lights.png

Dash Lights 1.jpg

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    RedMenace and Rckslick333 like this.
  3. Ronsk

Ronsk New Member

Australia
    Map
    I have up graded my dash lights to LED on my gen 3, will have a look later and let you know the socket type/code. Made a big difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rckslick333 likes this.
  4. COS_VFR

COS_VFR New Member

United States
    On my 4th Gen I used 194 LED bulbs from www.superbrightleds.com
    I used the green wide angle bulbs for the dash backlighting, Amber for the turn signals, and blue for the highbeam.

Left the oil light and fuel level incandescent because I don't want those to not work.

Rckslick333 likes this.
  5. Rckslick333

Rckslick333 New Member

United States
    I switched them out. Ended up being a t10 socket I think. I also integrated a volt meter into the tach, see photo. I used white leds and it made the gauges
    Look blue!!! I’m fine with that haha. There is a little light Pollution Squeezing by but the camera makes it much worse than it is.

Attached Files:

Ronsk and RedMenace like this.