Iowa Riders - Bike Nite

Discussion in 'USA - Central' started by hustond, May 14, 2007.

1. hustond

hustond New Member

Hey all. Just got back from Orlando and wanted to pass out a note about a Central Iowa Bike Nite that needs some V-Fours in attendance.

The ride is to Indianola, Iowa. It's the Country seat for Warren County. My wife and I will be heading out from Norwalk (just south of the DSM airport and about 25 minutes from Indianola) around 18:30 on the Friday Nites (weather permitting).

If you are interested in riding along, please let me know. Here are the dates:

May 18th (Sorry for the short notice)
    June 15th
    July 20th
    Aug 17th
    Sept 21st

It runs from 18:00 - 22:00 at the town center. They do a nice job and there is food and drinks if you are so inclined. Lots of bikes and a family atmosphere. Give me a shout if you are interested.

2. hustond

hustond New Member

Nice Night

It was a nice night. Actually bought the wife a riding jacket. Got back around 10:30 PM. I looked at probably 500 - 600 bikes and I was the only VFR there. :confused: I had a few lookers when I was there. I was very happy with the atmosphere. Left my coat and bag hanging on the bike and the helmets on the ground and they weren't messed with. Hey, maybe it's just a small town Iowa atmosphere.

Of course it was mostly Harleys, but there was a good mix of sport bikes too. I saw a Aprilla Falco and another Aprilla. A Triumph TT (that I was thinking about for the wife, with my occasional ride), some ducs, squids and lots of 600s. They had beer (I had none - I like Jackand coke plus I was driving :noidea: ), food, music and a dyno. The corvette club was there. The whole square was blocked off and a few of the side streets were blocked off also to account for the bikes.

I think the next one is June 15 or 22nd. I will post the dates again incase anyone else wants to join in. If you are interested in going and wasting 4 hours looking at bikes, shoot me a PM.