Is the VFR1200 Dead in the United States?

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by warbirds, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

If you equate honesty or dishonesty with conducting a profit making business, then you are correct. Thanks for the revelation.

I am so very happy you agree that that ol bottom line OTD price is sort of important.

Next we can take on service writers at dealerships since establishing that the sales dudes are one way or the other.

2. Badbilly

United States
    Never having met or encountered Jerry Stubbs you are safe in your limited assumptions. Jerry Stubbs was a close to being a snake as any dealer East or West of the Rockies. Once more just to refresh, I didn't sell cars, I sold bikes all this much before Stubbs bought the HD franchise. Stubbs, if I still lived anywhere in Texas would be the last place I would go for anything bikewise. I am surprised you with all your insight and savvy go there unless you really think you are outsmarting the sales guys by walking out or flashing cash. LOL

As I guessed, with all that useful info on dealerships you might find it much more fun to just go riding that hanging out a dealerships for one reason or another.

Yep, those Harley "stores" do make money.. They are the boutiques of the world of bikes even at times surpassing a Ducati dealership.

So when you walk in the door at Stubbs are the sales guys fighting over the remote instead of strewing your path with roses?

3. Badbilly

United States
    The dudes who think they have this sales game wired from the buyers end may be smoking spiffs. ;)

4. friedleyjr

friedleyjr New Member

In my experience it is best to buy used from individuals and say screw the dealers. All are about the all-mighty dollar. People tend to deal more on price once they have a hard quote from a reputable dealer who tells them that there 10k machine is worth only 5k at the dealer, who then is going to turn around and ask for 10k for it and settle on 9.5K thanks would rather pay 8k to a person and not have to stand knee deep in shit while I talk to any salesman trying to sell me a product. All will tell you what you want to hear to get you to buy.

5. Badbilly

United States

This may be true in Louisiana but in Texas we have dudes like Volfy that we send in to get one for the Gipper.

6. Volfy

Volfy New Member

Guys like you love to paint dealerships as snake pits and shark tanks, and hope most people are scared into submission. Now why should I be intimidated by any dealership? Last time I stopped by Stubbs was their open house and Suzuki test ride event. I rode M109, Hayabusa, and GSXR750, chewed rags with the salesguy friend and a few other friends that showed up, ate hot dogs and drank pop they had out for the event. Had a grand ol' time. I have no problem asking about prices on bikes. Whether I'd buy or not is entirely up to me. Who said anything about flashing cash?

Stubbs 59 was closer and convenient. State inspection is same price everywhere you go, so why not? I could care less what the saleschumps do or not do.

I much prefer Mancuso SW just up the road. I take my family to that multi-brand store every once a while to eyeball some candy. Everybody there are super friendly and let my kids sit on the bikes for photo ops (I do always ask first). 2 Xmas ago, they had a DesmoSedici on the floor and one of the guys there asked my 2nd son if he wanted to sit on a $75k bike. Pic I took made for a very nice Xmas E-card. You know what? They were exactly like that even before I bought 2 bikes there. Amazing how, even though the end game is exactly the same, the approach can be completely different. These guys probably move 10 bikes for every one Stubbs sells.

You want everybody to believe ALL dealers are scum, using yourself as prime testament. Yes, duly noted.

7. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I have a maybe I'm talking to in Cali. The one Long found was a great deal, but there was another guy wanting it so the seller wanted a commitment from me and I have to think things through. I told him not to hold for me as it's just business. It was a 1200F. The one in CA is a DCT model. A few farkles but nothing the I care that is added so they add no value to me. The seller says he is in aircraft maint I think and offered to give me the phone number from the Honda dealership where all maintenance has been performed. His price is under 10k and the miles are 5500. No drops, etc.

8. Badbilly

United States

"Me? I am a ready cash buyer and I let the seller know." Do I have you quoted correctly?

Not much need to drag in the family and Christmas to be convincing. Does that work on sales dudes? I guess that is part of a strategy that is not familiar to most. If I was gonna pull that one I'd get a Santa suit first and practice a bunch of Ho-ho's.

That's a good sales ratio if it's a valid set of numbers but again, you state you are guessing.

In the same vein since bleeding into the shark tank is already a done deal, maybe that figure might be some different if it included the Stubbs HD sales..

I do paint bikes. I did some paintwork for the Seattle BMW dealer a few years back. Not the whole place but just some licks. A tradeout

Always, all and never are small words on paper but very large in meaning best described at finite.

Speaking of quotes, The saying is " I couldn't care less" Could would be future and would best describe the end product of your debate attempts.

Actor/Director/Playwright ca. 1930's

Noel Coward.

9. Volfy

Volfy New Member

That means to you that I flash a wad of cash in front the salesman? You read into it what you want. Most people understand that to mean I'm not financing, including the salespeople I deal with.

As for the rest of your gibberish, it makes as much sense as you're trying to tell me how terrible I'm as a buyer when you don't even know what I paid for any of my bikes.

Hope life has treated you well. The way you've been spewing asinine remarks all over this forums sure sound like you've got an ax to grind.

10. Badbilly

United States
    Try fpr an OTD price first with financing. Flashing (metaphorical) cash keeps the price high. They make money on financing. The dudes carrying the paper and the dealers are in cahoots. The sad part is that this is common knowledge. May I suggest that you never ever play Texas Holdem with anything other than toothpicks or bottlecaps.

I would be very interested in how much you paid for your bikes OTD. Please include all the extras they never tell you about until the last minute. List any farkles as separate items.

Thanks, I do just fine with one exception. I have this bullshit meter that runs near the redline most of the time. But you already knew that.

Try and keep the list of bikes to maybe ten or so. I'm sure you have hundreds for no other reason other than getting smoking deals on each and every one.

11. Volfy

Volfy New Member

Now that right there explains it all.:bs:

12. Dangerous Dave

Dangerous Dave New Member

I'm beggin' ya Bro, please don't fan the flames anymore or he'll never go away.

Still waiting to hear if Reg has looked into this bike.

13. Robclo

Robclo New Member

Canada
    Map
    Ya stopped me in mid sentence, guess I'll show a little self restraint.

14. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    There is some truth there. Selling big ticket items, we were always much happier if the buyer was using financing. "Cash" was always a PITA.

15. Badbilly

United States

Thanks, I knew I could count on you to see the light. How about some of those bike prices now so we can all benefit from your negotiation skills and techniques for intimidating those naughty bike salesdudes.

16. Badbilly

United States
    Dave, this tossing a fit may have worked when you were a little kid. But now? I sure hope Reg doesn't change his mind or find a smokin deal on an FJR.

17. Dangerous Dave

Hmmmm, a one sentence "fit"? Doesn't sound like much of a fit, especially considering what a dick you're being to half the people in this thread. Ya know Billy, when I first joined this forum, I found your humor...well...humorous. Once I'd been around for awhile, I came to realize that you almost never contribute anything useful in the 7th gen forum. Sarcasm seems to make up the bulk of your arsenal and you throw it around with reckless abandon. I'm not even sure why you spend so much time lurking here, since to my knowledge you don't own a 7th gen, nor have I ever read where you expressed any interest in having one. So essentially you just chime in long enough to piss on someone's thread or insert some of that "wit" that gets you through the day. A fit? Nope...I'm totally calm on my end, just sick of listening to a habitual smartass.

Apparently the concept of "point of reference" is lost on you. Fortunately, others around here get it. If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm certainly not going to waste any more time trying to enlighten you. Now get in your last word and maybe we can all get on with our lives.

18. Badbilly

United States
    Your sermon on the mount just fell into the abyss. I own (outright) a 1200 that I had to wait for. No, I didn't get a smoking deal on it. Had I waited for your buyer guru Volfy I could have come out the door for less I suppose. Anticipating your next question, I paid cash just like I pay for all my bike purchases new or used.

Where you are on your ass is that you failed to read or even look in the archives for any one of several posts supporting the bike and dumping on some dudes that were doing reviews never having done much more than plopped their collective behinds on the seat.

If I'm interrupting your life, then do your homework and a Cnote says you will try to have the last word..Try not to do your FJR routine it's become cliché' and makes me feel badly because my old 520cc SR is small in comparison. Yep, a 90 mm piston will do that.

Thanks again for the linear thoughts. Dealing with left or right brains is much easier than dealing with no brains or shit for brains on some self generated subjective quest for the holey grail.

19. Dangerous Dave

Wow...and still nothing of value to contribute. I stand corrected, thanks.

20. lshark

lshark New Member

fight nice, kiddies !!! :chaingun: