Isle of Man

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by vdrive, May 30, 2017.

1. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Drew, let me know when you've seen all you can ....I don't want to spoil your enjoyment, when you're done I'll fill in some details

2. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Thanks John, I'm slowly catching up. Finally caught up with all Moto GP and Wsbk, have a few MotoAmerica's still to watch and Isle of Man.

The interview with John Mcguinness was very good, he is very emotional after his big crash. Happens to a lot of racers. Especially of the 2 wheeled type.

3. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Drew are you done yet before I forget?

Do you want the MCN TT review mailed over?

4. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Thanks John. I pick up MCN at a local book store here so no need to mail.
    I'm not done watching the TT yet, but don't let that stop you from posting. It has been impossible to not hear the results. LOL

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  5. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map

I put the "Brent Sloppy" link to refer to the ridiculousness that followed the aftermath of the crash. Seems a fair majority do not want to accept responsibility for their own actions (e.g...standing in a precarious place, like your Rallye reference as well) and instead just lawyer up when things go south. This is not applicable to just racing of course. Happens in all facets of life.

I was just riding thru Idaho and as I was taking pics of Perrine Bridge over Snake River Canyon, some base jumpers jumped off (only legal place left in US). Thought it was rare it was still so in today's "I'm not responsible for my own actions so I'll sue the hell out of anybody if I get hurt" society. Was refreshing to see at least one place where sanity still had its grasp.

All that said, I hope the Isle of Man TT continues on in perpetuity.

6. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    If you decide to base jump off the Golden Gate. Wear a wetsuit. ATGATT.. ya know. If you get hurt I know of one lawyer here that probably needs the work.

7. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Back to the subject :-

Guy Martin and Honda made a total fool of themselves, a lot of talk at the track last weekend about it ..... seems a lot of other racers were none to impressed at the fuss being made and the accompanying media circus, much was made of how unprepared Guy was for the mountain course since Michael Dunlop upped the stakes, even he admitted he needed more time to learn the track

After the Fireblade had him off in the first Superbike race Guy was adamant he wasn't going to ride it again, most of his comments were stifled by the new manager, Twelvetrees, although "the bastard has more neutrals than fecking gears, it's so good you fecking ride it" and "that bike will kill someone, it hates JM and me, just burn the bastard thing" was clearly audible for some distance ..

Twelvetrees and a mute Guy appeared at a press conference on Wednesday and confirmed he would be riding in the Senior, come Friday Guy withdrew his entry ...he's sick of it and whilst not actually saying it he's off ... "It's only motorbike racing"

On the island Honda removed the ECU and put a BSB spec one in, rumoured to have been taken from Haslams JG Speedfit Kawasaki that the team had brought to the Island, however Guy refused to touch the Fireblade "it's fecking cursed"

Elsewhere Hutchy was lucky to get away with a broken leg in the Senior, he was riding outside his capabilities to stay ahead of Hickman, while Hickman was very fast and very tidy, safe lines, etc, Hutchy was all over the place, running on the dirt in places, eventually this lead to his front tyre puncturing and his crash ...he was lucky to get off so lightly given his riding

In the restart Michael Dunlop was simply outstanding from the off, Hickman was a close second and Hillier got a well deserved podium after being robbed by a faulty fuel filler of a first place in an earlier race ... Michael was jubilant and keen to point out he did a sub 17 minute section to section on his last flying lap on a bike never raced there before ... Well done lads