Just Recieved Quote for 16K Svc !!

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by Hailwood, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

Look at you D with qoutes from our Grand parents:witless:

2. Hailwood

Hailwood New Member

Map
    Thanks DynaJohn for the reply.
    Yes, as someone who started riding in 1965, I'm still in awe of what we're able to throw a leg over nowadays . Hard to get my head around what lightly used examples of the VFR12 are costing these days, but hey, I'm glad I got the opportunity .
    Sent my ECM to Guhl Motors yesterday and have a new air filter ready to drop in.
    I'm gonna leave it at that and button it back up after the ECM comes back. Call it a day.
    I ride (as do you) aggressively in the Texas Hill Country regularly and spend a few days in the Ozarks (nirvana !!) annually so the VFR is well exercised but the damn thing makes such great power that I don't believe the valve train ever gets hammered.
    The VFR has been as reliable as a hammer and I expect it to remain this way.

3. anbark22

anbark22 New Member

Map
    I had my valves checked by my local Honda dealer about six months ago. They charge 6 hours labor at $135.00 per hour. However, they gave me a break at only $100.00 per hour since I have purchased several bikes from them over the years and always buy my tires from them. Bike had about 17,000 miles at time of service. All were in spec.. Plugs and air filter were still good. Total cost including taxes were about $650.00.

Did the driveshaft recall recently. Took about 2 hours. The dealer charged Honda $1181.00 parts and labor. I signed off on the invoice. It feels a bit better with less slack or backlash, although mine was never really bad.

Also did the Guhl Re-flash this year. What a difference. It transformed the bike into a rocket ship. Really enjoy riding it now.
    Hope this helps.

4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Those sorts of variable charges for labor are indications that this particular dealership is fucking somebody.