Leftover 2007 RWB's in Honda's warehouses...

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by bostonexchange, Jul 3, 2009.

1. backwaterdogs

backwaterdogs New Member

Ok, found a dealer and got a good price OTD, ttl include for an 07 RWB, but dont think it's ABS.

Haven't asked about the 4 years, not sure if I can get that or not.

Anyway, my dilema:

Brand new 07 RWB, OTD $7675
    2004, Red, 7500 miles, for about $5000
    2007, RWB, 6000 miles for $5500

The used ones are several hours away and have not seen in person, but both appear to be in great shape and well cared for.

Trying to rationalize the price diff of 2000 to $2600 for a new.

What do you all think? $2600 worth it for new?

2. Echo3Niner

Echo3Niner New Member

United States
    Map
    I would say yes, it's worth it for new. But then again, I'm a 'go new' kinda guy...

3. Cyborg

Cyborg New Member

United States
    I specifically asked for the 4 year HPP, got it for $300 and paid for it as part of the final purchase price. It paid for itself six times over about 4 months after the 1 year passed by replacing my burnt out main harness a year before Honda got it's Cranialanalectomy. There's been a few changes since I bought mine so here's what you need to know. Further more, it's year model does not matter if you are buying it new, so don't take "no" for an answer from your shop...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  4. VIFFER RIDER

VIFFER RIDER New Member

United States
    Map
    Considering the fairly high resale value these vfr have I'd pay the 2600 difference and buy new, in my case I stumbled accross a 02 w 5200 miles for $4200 with 3 year extended warranty so I figured why not.

5. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    The gen 2

My wife HATES my gen2.....loves my gen 6....I am waiting for her to set the gen 2 on fire.It will happen one day.

6. VFR_Rod

VFR_Rod New Member

Went in my local dealer yesterday, was checking on remaining warehouse inventory on the 07 CBR1000RR (all now depleated and being sold OTD for 7185!). There are still a BUNCH of 07 RWB bikes in ALL warehouses. The dealers can only do what they are allowed with incentives. Some dealers bought the bikes at regular invoice, others bought them on auction (how I got mine, before incentives were issued). Those bikes that are in the warehouse will have some major incentives on them before much longer. Would not surprise me to see these bikes being sold for 6995 by years end OTD, and no, at that price, no one is going to throw anything in such as a 4 year warranty. You can buy those Honda warranties on ebay from honda dealers for as little as 430.00, unless you live in Florida. That's where I bought mine from, it all the same as the two 4 year packages I bought from my local dealer on my other bikes and I saved some cash.

7. HondaTech

HondaTech New Member

Kinda a bummer for those of us that already have 6-gens, because there are so many out there new at a discount the resale value four ours sucks. Good thing I'm not looking to get rid of it...

8. afinepoint

afinepoint New Member

$8200 out the door this June on my ABS plus $100 discount on a Shoei RF 1000.

9. vthoky

vthoky New Member

United States
    Wow! Sounds like you got a great deal. I found some info on the HPP here, and a four-year plan is $660. :eek:

Oh, and my '07 didn't arrive (from whatever warehouse is shipping it) this week. Phooey. :frown:

10. backwaterdogs

backwaterdogs New Member

begin a little indecisive here

Havent pulled the trigger on new 07 yet, still tryin to beat the dealer out of some more money.

So far at 7675 OT (ttl incl) for a RWB, was told no reds are available any more.

A guy w/ an 04, just dropped his price some more and am sure could get this 04 with 2k miles for 45 or 46 hundred.

Concern w/ the 04 was how it was broke in. He said he bought in Fl. with 300 miles on it and he drove it from Florida to St. Louis.

Is such a long trip so a problem? Would this concern any of you?

If not, I'm back to wrestling new versus saving 3k.

11. vthoky

vthoky New Member

United States
    I don't know enough to answer your questions about the '04 model. I'd certainly have to defer to other members for that.

I don't know where you are either, but I do know where you can find a new Candy Red '07 for $7183. <-- Click it!

12. Cyborg

Cyborg New Member

United States
    Remember, my main harness burned out 5 months after the basic Honda Protection Plan expired and over a year before Honda's recall. The repair was totally covered by the Extended HPP, an $1800 bill I could not have paid at the time. You can get a better deal at the shop but $660 ain't bad, given the coverage. You may never use the EHPP but IMO, it's better to have what you don't need than need what you don't have...

13. vthoky

vthoky New Member

United States
    The more I read, the more it seems there is some level of "fragility" with the VFR. HPP sounds like the way to go, for sure.

14. Cyborg

Cyborg New Member

United States
    The "fragility" is due to assinine design flaws which I believe are deliberate efforts to save maunfacturing costs. The electrical problems in the 5 and 6gen models, resulting in at least one fire I know of, were direct the result of under-gauged wiring overloading. Honda's finally moved to correct that problem and I'm not aware of any others outstanding but even well designed parts sometimes go boom. I've had extended warranties on all my POVs except one and LORD, was I made to regret that decision! My point is the extended HPP is cheap insurance against Murphy and ethically challenged designers.

15. vthoky

vthoky New Member

United States
    Shortcutting manufacturing costs doesn't often save the end user much, does it? I had heard there were electrical issues in the 5gen; didn't realize it applied to the 6gen also. More studying for me to do, eh?

"Even well designed parts sometimes go boom." No kidding! I've surely seen that before. :)

Extended warranty proved worthwhile on my last truck; I'll plan on getting it on my VFR. (That is, whenever it finally arrives at my dealer's shop. It's on a truck from "somewhere".... :rolleyes: )

16. CrazyInNYC

CrazyInNYC New Member

Pretty sure that "fairly high resale value" is a thing of the past...

17. CrazyInNYC

CrazyInNYC New Member

There are new candy red 07s in NJ and AK for 6999 and 6985 OTD respectively. Both listed on ebay.

18. Ride Red!

Ride Red! New Member

Germany
    Map
    Today is your lucky day! This afternoon I stopped by AL LAMB'S DALLAS HONDA to pick up some Honda polish and noticed they had a brand new '07 RWB ABS for $8,499. No joke.

Best of luck to you.

19. backwaterdogs

backwaterdogs New Member

Still havent pulled the trigger on new 07 yet, still tryin to beat the dealer out of some more money or the '04

Hung up on the color now...red looks pretty sharp too, but man always wanted that 86 interceptor.

Concern w/ the 04 was how it was broke in. He said he bought in Fl. with 300 miles on it and he drove it from Florida to St. Louis.

Is such a long trip so a problem? Would this concern any of you?

If not, I'm back to wrestling new versus saving 3k.

20. HondaTech

HondaTech New Member

I wouldn't worry about it- it's more likely to see harm from sitting in the showroom and lack of use than how it was broken in