Locals (Ottawa)

Discussion in 'Canada & Alaska' started by OttawaVffer, May 9, 2008.

1. OttawaVffer

OttawaVffer Guest

So are there any local VFR owners in Ottawa Canada?

2. Timbercat

Timbercat New Member

Yup, we should head out for a spin, just missed the Port Dover weekend. I do not get on here much,

Cheers

3. genx

genx New Member

same here. Just wondering where to buy a decent synth oil for a good price. Any ideas?

4. Moochie

Moochie New Member

Hi,

I have a white 06 and live in Kanata

5. neurosis

neurosis New Member

East-ender here...

6. jondevos

jondevos New Member

Im in Petawawa, close enough.

7. sneaky291

sneaky291 New Member

Hey all,

Brand new owner of a White '06 still with no km on it in Nepean. I'll see you all out this spring.

8. neurosis

neurosis New Member

I saw a white 6th gen parked at WSI quite often last summer on my morning rides in to work through Navan.. anyone here?

9. jprimeau

jprimeau New Member

Honda VFR 2003 owner from Cornwall, 1hour south of Ottawa, looking for other riders to rip around, the silver bullet will soon be off:cool:

10. sneaky291

sneaky291 New Member

Any of you been down to the Adirondacks? I'm thinking of doing a ride down there and could always use an accomplice. Any tips or roads that I shouldn't miss?

11. CdnVffer

CdnVffer New Member

Hey guys I'm here I hang out at night at Merivale/Meadowlands almost about 7 nights a week and burn up a tank of gas!! See you guys there if your interested this summer starting about mid April for me!!!

Cheers.......

12. neurosis

neurosis New Member

I was thinking of doing this myself last year, possibly a 2-day trip. Would be my first time in that area.

I'd like to get my GPS setup figured out before heading out though as I'm terrible with directions. ;)

13. sneaky291

sneaky291 New Member

OK, I scheduled pickup of my 06 Pearl White from Powersports today for the 9th of April. I figure with last years first ride being on April 19th even with all the snow we had, I wasn't pushing my luck too bad. If all goes to plan that should give me the four day weekend to blow off 6 months of not riding. Anyone else got a date in mind for their first get-out?

14. davesnewpuppy

davesnewpuppy New Member

i will be out the first day i can. sent my wheels to get chromed should have them next week. i live in the east end but ride often with my brother who lives in kanata. i would be up for a group ride anytime, was planning to go to lake placid NY last year but never made it(buddy's wife put a stop to it) we were going to go up to White Face mountain. awesome roads(driven it by car) anyone interested in going this year i would be in. maybe if we meet at the Timmies on Merivale this spring/summer we could set something up.

15. sneaky291

sneaky291 New Member

That's totally doable... a buddy and I were tossing around the idea of heading to the Adirondacks this summer anyway. I'll be swinging by the Timmies on Merivale for sure to check you guys out soon enough!

16. davesnewpuppy

davesnewpuppy New Member

hey, nice bike. i test drove a white 06 at powersports and could decide on black or white. ended up with the black. this bike is awesome, i have riden many bikes in 20 years of riding, this is the best one i have ever riden, i think the saying goes "you'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands".LOL. See you this spring!

17. jondevos

jondevos New Member

Im planning on my first ride being next weekend. I just moved to Borden so need to go to Petawawa to get the bike. Have scorpion exhaust and tires I want to put on it so want it here with me. As long as the roads are clear next weekend ill be firing the best up for the first ride of season. 4 hours will be a pretty cold drive.

18. RWB25

RWB25 New Member

Ride safely! You are one crazy mo-fo. :tongue:

The roads around here are very filthy with sand and lots of hidden ice. We receive 2" of snow today. With any luck, the temp will be around 0C for you. Otherwise, you are going to be one frozen popsicle.

Good luck on the first ride of the season. If anything, I'm very jealous. :smile:

19. jondevos

jondevos New Member

Im heading to north bay on sunday. girlfriend goes to school there so i go there pretty much every weekend. Im not worried about cold. Im worried about road conditions. Ill drive there and if roads are decent ill drive bike back. If roads are crap it will have to wait few more weeks.

20. neurosis

neurosis New Member

I'll probably wait until I'm confident most of the salt/sand is off the roads. Yeah, I'm a wuss :)

Not to say I won't be firing it up this weekend; throwing in the Amsoil, putting the battery back in (obviously not in that order).. might give the K&N a cleaning. At this point it'll feel good just to wrench and hear that sweet staintune sound again.