Looking at a new 2014 VFR

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by RHawkman, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    If you do go for the VFR, there is one mod you should look at. This may sound silly with your short inseam, but i would look at the Knight Design foot lower pegs for the VFR. Reason being not only do they make the bike more comfortable to ride, your feet a little closer to the ground to aid in stabilizing the bike more quickly.
    [​IMG]

You might want to clear your self a narrow path down your road, a little at a time.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  2. RHawkman

RHawkman New Member

Well, happy that I finally bought a new bike, but sad that it wasn't (shame shame) the VFR they had. Oh how I loved it, but it just doesn't fit with what I need in a bike now and where I live. If I was still in the city I would have bought it. I ended up going for the CTX700. Much better looking (to me at least) in person and it just felt relaxing like my cruisers did but with a much sportier and more modern vibe. And it was cheap as dirt, true. Oddly they wanted $1000 more for a used one with around 10k miles. A little sad that I won't have another VFR (yet, who knows) but I made my life choices and I'm thrilled to get back in the wind tomorrow.

3. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    Congrats, what's important you are back 2 wheels and you got a good deal.

4. RHawkman

RHawkman New Member

Thanks. I fear the guys on the CTX forum might be more staid than me. Just reading a thread about how you shouldn't ride in groups cuz it's too dangerous and some don't see the appeal. I'm confused. Oh well, we are all different and I reckon I might be more different than most :)

5. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map

No worries, I know losing weight only benefits us and our riding stamina. I just hope to god that no one goes off about having more hair makes your helmet safer and fit tighter! for those of us follicly challenged!;-) I just thought of one that might. :biggrin-new:

6. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    I do agree with you DriftingAlong. As I read the original post the first time I just thought that Gatorgreg who is always polite may have gone to a point that may have offended someone. But, that was not the case.(only me;-)) I do still stand on the thought that the bike is the topic or its mods and destinations. Not personal observations of us personally unless in jest and in good fun agreed on by both or more parties. I have always respected yours and many others comments. I just kinda got a little touch of my sensitive side there. My Testosterone levels have come back to normal. Thank you for trying to be discreet on your reply, but I can take a direct hit anytime on some of the shit I say. You are just as polite as Gatorgreg.

7. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    You're very kind Bubba. I'm rather blunt a lot of the time but this is a forum and it takes some patience to participate on one. There are some people here that will go negative no matter what you post. I just ignore it. Most people on forums are good people if you were to meet them but everyone has an opinion which I usually like to hear. Then I choose what I want to use or reject for my personal use. Gator, IMO, is good at heart but he's entitled to his opinion like everyone else. I just feel sorry for him for living 800 miles from the first turn in the road...LOL. Sorry Gator, can't resist that.