Looking for a nut and washer

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by erollman, Jun 1, 2011.

1. erollman

erollman New Member

Map
    Hey all,
    Looking for a 35mm lock nut and 35mm washer. The two parts that I am referring to go to my 93 750f. In the service manual, they are on page 13-3 parts number 1 and 2. I keep losing these. I lost one a year or two ago going down the road. Put it all back together to only find that just the other day, the nut and washer had fallen off again. I am going to drill a hole in the damn thing this time and put a cotter pin in it(kinda like a castle nut). On the parts fiche from my local shop it is part number 19 and 24. If someone has a set of these lying around or knows the part numbers, please pm me or reply on here.

Thanks guys and gals, I look forward to hearing from you all.

2. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
  3. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Sorry......you asked. :pound:

4. Davis5g

Davis5g New Member

Map
    What part is this for? Ever try threadlocker? What about torque specs?

5. erollman

erollman New Member

Map
    Thanks Toe!! Everyone is a comedian..............especially you. I should have known better than to be that vague.

Davis, I will be using threadlocker and the cotter pin this time. Last time it costs me $100 because I had to replace the nut, washer, and all the rubber pieces in the drive. Those little boogers are expensive. I didn't check specs last time like a fool, but this time I will for sure.

6. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    I have a Clymer manual so am oot of the loop. If we are talking aboot the big nut on the rear axle i do have a spare rear end but it is at Cundalini's hoose.....can fetch it back this weekend and stick what you need in the mail Monday if that time frame works?

7. Davis5g

Davis5g New Member

Map
    I would imagine the torque spec for that big friggin nut is like 2.375654 million newton meters. If its something your torque wrench can't handle, either impact it on, or make it as tight as you possibly can with your biggest breaker bar.

8. 8691chuck

8691chuck New Member

hey toe cutter talked to you last year bout this time my 86 is slowly comin t gether 91 is almost on the road

9. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    poor guy, sees people are responding to this thread and then Toecutter has to be a dick and bring me into the picture

however, no worries mate, I have told the Golden Toe to stop his silliness and make it right

one thing the Toe does is, he makes it right, even if he has to hammer your shit unseen out of flat iron and Walmart receipts.

you gotta love someone like that

I know I do

I'd kiss him on the mouth when you see him

10. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Vfourbear did and slipped Toe th tongue..... Auugllaglegleaugle......TC. I was expecting to see that washer of yours you took to work with you to fix.

11. erollman

erollman New Member

Map
    Toe is a good guy. I have followed many of his posts. No offense taken. It's cool if he has to pick on me to get a laugh every once in awhile. Toe, it is the big nut on the rearend/swingarm. I have gone without it for 3 weeks, what's another week? I will gladly send you a postage label to my house if you want to pm me for with your address. I work at online store (tewarehouse.com for all your lawnmower needs) so i can get a good deal on shipping. Let me know.

12. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Picked up the spare today, send your info and I will get it oot ASAP!

13. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    only thing I lost on the viffer was the fuse panel cover, freaking thing flew off one day. Kinda caught me by surprise. Had to replace it as it was kinda glaring up at me like a missing tooth. Not high-jacking ur thread either. That 35 mm nut and washer your tawking about is for the rear hub>?kinda remember using a punch to notch it so it wouldnt go anywhere. Used safety wire in some other situations but we wont get into those now. Cheers.

14. erollman

erollman New Member

Map
    I lost my left mid at about 90. that scared the t-total piss out of me. I about had a heart attack, but not near as bad as my buddy who was behind me that the panel clipped his helmet barely. He did piss himself a little, but I don't blame him. It flew under a semi truck tire and was completely demolished. So, needless to say, I, as well as many others, am needing a left mid.

15. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Said nut and washer left Sacramento yesterday, I think the first two options were a better choice.