loud pipes

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by mrVfrUSAF, May 24, 2004.

1. Studlypumpwell

Studlypumpwell New Member

I did melt the corner on a cheap pair of shoes, but it hasn't been a problem for any others. I usually ride with the heel of my shoes up on the heel protectors so they actually hit the pipe quite often. I'm sure that pipes other than the titanium will run hotter and may melt shoes a little easier. The titanium cans actually never get hot enough that you can't hold your bare hands on them as long as you want.

2. natemeins

natemeins New Member

well, i wasn't so much worried about the cans as I was about the pipe coming from the bottom of the bike to to the top where the cans are. That pipe is right behind my heel. And it must get hot, but I was wondering how hot it got. It's weird that Micron didn't put a shield there like the stockers, remus, staintunes, even leo vince's.

3. lootyman

lootyman New Member

Say what?:confused:

How come?

My left foot keeps hitting the lower cowl when shifting. How bout you?

4. lootyman

lootyman New Member

I think this thread is dead, but i'm posting anyway.

Anyone run the Remus exhaust? Trying to find a sound clip.

5. Dominique

Dominique New Member

Has anyone got any pics of their bikes with the microns. I got an '02 and just finiished taking the plate holder and mud gaurd off and was wondering what it would look like with after market pipes. I heard some scorpions on an '02 the other day and they're way bassier than factory but it was only in a parking lot. Not sure what it would sound like on the road at 7000rpm when the Viffer opens up.

6. Dominique

Dominique New Member

7. vfrtore

vfrtore New Member

I live in a small town called Sola, Norway
    Loud pipes save lives!

8. natemeins

natemeins New Member

I just put Microns on my '06 with a fender eliminator, and it looks pretty good! I don't just love it, I think the Microns look just a bit bulbus compared to the remus's or Staintunes, but I just LOVE the sound!! It sounds so awesome in my helmet, but when I was letting my Dad ride it last weekend, I realized they really aren't as obnoxious to other people as I thought they would be, and on the long haul, they stayed pretty quiet. Totally satisified! AND it only took me aqbout 45 min. to install, no problems whatsoever. Good instructions, good fit, finish is just a bit lacking, but nothing a little metal polish can't fix.

9. scotsy

scotsy New Member

10. lootyman

lootyman New Member

Which micons? I ordered the Ti cans.

11. natemeins

natemeins New Member

the same, the titanium cans.

12. red ryder

red ryder New Member

I put Staintunes on my 02 vfr when new, take out the spuds and it sounds like a small bock v8. If you are just looking to make noise buy a Harley. V4s are supposed to wail not bellow........

13. JAMIE

JAMIE New Member

I Tossed A Vance And Hines On My Old 97 Vfr ? Sounds Good Too

14. lootyman

lootyman New Member

There's is some kinda crap going on with micron. They haven't shipped my pipes from 3 weeks ago. The shop don't get 'em...i don't either!

What is is with the VFR exhaust market? Staintunes are back ordered, Micron is pissing me off with their huge delay without communication.

WTF?:mad: :confused:

15. Wu-Viffer

Wu-Viffer New Member

Map
    Go with Micron

I listened to both Micron and Staintune before buying my exhaust upgrade (2001 VFR). Definitely the Micron sounds better. They have much more of a growl - like a lion or something - and, are cheaper. I like how you can get many different finishes, as well. The Staintune has a little bit of a metallic ping to it I didn't like. If the Micron ends up being too loud, and you get in trouble with the Man, the Staintune spud fits in the Micron pipe with just a little bit a sanding, so you can have it both ways.

16. mmckay

mmckay New Member

U missed out. U should have ordered Leo Vince. Got them in about a week...Sound real good....and they look awesome too.
    mmckay

17. lootyman

lootyman New Member

Got things straightened out with Micron yesterday. Like it was originally told, they have the pipes sitting on their shelf, just waiting for me. But the guys at streetfighters-usa.com goofed...

They're being drop shipped diretly from the distributor, which happens to be in IL, just like me:biggrin: Expect to have some new tones coming out of the VFR by this weekend.:cool:

18. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Hey congrats Looty. I know from watching this thread you have been waited anxiously for those!

19. lootyman

lootyman New Member

Received the cans today.:peace:
    I just wanna skip out of work, slap 'em on, and get to riding.

But...
    skipped work Monday...and all of last week. Went to Cedar Point in OH. Holy Rollercoasters Batman!

And...
    I just took my left cowl off to be shot as a result of a little kickstand/operator error:rolleyes:

The cans look good, decent finish, great packing. I'll post a write-up of the install with lots of pics.

20. lootyman

lootyman New Member

OK, so i didn't take any pics last night. I was just in a hurry and wanted to get them on.

The cans lined up easily and sound good. They're not as loud as i'd hoped, so i'm gonna remove some of the packing.

One big complaint was fitting the left silencer. The inlet of the silence must have been the same stinkin size of the exhaust pipe it was to slip on to. I had to wrestle, bend, force, cuss and twist that thing on there. Once i did, it wouldn't even slip on completely to the stopper:mad:

Once that was over, the cans were actually lined up properly and the look good.