May ride from central WI to International Falls, MN * NEED ROUTE HELP*

Discussion in 'USA - North' started by tbones86, Mar 22, 2007.

1. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    I'm planning a end of May ride with a couple/few of my cruiser riding bud's; we'll be leaving central WI mid day on a friday with a destination of Lutsen or Grand Marais, MN will be spending the night there. What I need help with is finding the twistiest curviest route through the northern lake country from Grand Marias to International Falls. Looking @ the map there are a lot of nice looking roads that go on forever & then just end in the middle of BFE. Looking for info on a nice flowing route that will take the majority of the day saturday from someone more familiar w/ the area than I. Saturday night will be spent in or around International Falls with a super slab run back to central WI on sunday. Any body wanna meet up & tag along is welcome I'll post dates when I know for sure, anticpated bikes will be my 86' VFR, a late 80's customized HD sportster(great guy never ridden w/ him before though), 04' Zuki Intruder 1400 ( my little uber biker bud, 10-15,000+ miles annually)& 05' Honda VTX 1300( great guy ridden w/ a few times recently upgraded from POS late 70's sporty to the VTX, he rides alot more now....Hmmmm).

Any one with a killer route from superiors north shore to International falls please pass it along. Not an area I want to tackle by just heading north west(we'll get there eventually; that is what we normally do):peace: :dance:

2. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    Trip date has been nailed down, departure will be May 25th from the Wisconsin Rapids, WI area. The plan is roughly 400 miles per day for three days, planning on camping the first night; hotel the second or possibly camp depending on group preference. If any one is interested in joining let me know & I'll give you more details. I have the route pretty much nailed down but just realized last night some of the roads I picked are not paved:eek: so it will depend on road conditions; day two might have to altered a bit. Also just added a Buehl XB12 to the list of anticipated attendee's, the Intuder may be lost(new girlfriend) but still a possibility.

3. VaRollOn

VaRollOn New Member

United States
    Map
    Sounds like a great ride Bones' have fun planning it. Watch out for those pesky off road adventures. While in Wyoming going cross country we had to follow a pilot vehicle on sportbikes 7 miles through seriously rough conditions crossing continental divide, dodging earth moving vehicles larger than my house, scared me to death but we made it and I never have been happier to hit pavement. That one showed as paved the whole way on map, they weren't done yet!!!:boom: