My 90 streetfighter take two

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by mosarse, Apr 13, 2012.

1. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Well, I am never gona be able to dispute your claim of your Mach 1 being faster than my gen 3 bike, cause I am never gona be able to get out to Seattle on it :sad:

And besides, I dont wana rain on anyones parade yah know ; )

Took mine out the other day and its so composed and still tight, it amazes me every time I ride it. Special bike for sure...

2. mosarse

mosarse New Member

Well i finally took the plunge and will be recieving very soon a converted CBR shock, new fork springs and shim stack from Jamie Daugherty. Cant wait to get them installed as the current suspension sucks. Also relocated oil cooler to left side on a bracket and replaced the ugly radiator overflow with something a little prettier. No if only the rain would go away...........
    Pics to come

3. chizzie

chizzie New Member

4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

I agree. Stock is best and if ya can't keep it stock toss that old POS on the scrapheap, keeping it out of sight of the consensus majority. Democracy in action I always say.

5. mosarse

mosarse New Member

I agree that stock is best to, but, when you get it for a great price with broken plastics that cost twice as much to replace as you paid for the bike you have to make a decision. So i did. And this is how it ended up.
    I like it, dont really care what anyone else thinks.
    Thanks for your input though.

6. Badbilly

United States
    " I like it, don't care what anyone else thinks.."

Just some satire from BB on this one. Owner of the now world famous 91 mach 1 that if the plastics got busted would become a streetfighter too.

Who the f**k decided the soul of a bike should be wrapped in plastic anyway?

Stockers suck!

7. inovermyhead

inovermyhead New Member

Hey i've been looking at getting the acewell gauges for my 92 fighter project, did you have any problem mounting it? Would you reccomend it?

8. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I am a fan of all bikes, naked, stock or other wise. I think a ridable bike is good, plastics or no plastics. A running bike on the road is better than a bike collecting dust in the garage. I like what you have done to bring your VFR back to streetable form. I also like that you are taking pains to make it look good as a whole bike and not like a bike with all the plastic broken off of it. The one thing I have against naked VFRs is the radiators. They take up so much of the visual space that you might as well have the plastic on it. One of the charms of a naked bike is seeing the engine in all its mechanical glory. This is never going to happen with the V-four buried up in the frame and hidden behind two radiators.

I am not a big fan of stunting. It just doesn't flip my cookie.

9. mosarse

mosarse New Member

Hi Inovermyhead
    The acewell i bought has been great, only thing is i would make sure if i bought one again it had a temp gauge. Mounting it has been trial and error to get it where i like it, is now off to one side on a bracket from the upper tree bolt. Would definately recommend buying Acewell.
    Cheers.

10. Badbilly

United States
    I wonder if the radiators could be removed and sewn into a vest then coupled with some QDs? It could take both Summer and Winter riding to new heights.