Need exhaust for 85vf1000r

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by dcompson, Jul 30, 2014.

1. dcompson

dcompson New Member

I'm working on restoring my 85 vf1kr and was removing the exhaust when I discovered a problem. The yosh four into system that was nasty and rusted ended up being trash. It looks like someone hacked up the stock headers, and made their own system then put on yosh cans. The welds are horrible, and nothing fits properly.

In a nutshell I need an exhaust. I have been searching, and found the following;

On eBay, it's listed as mx3 x pipe four into 1 header muffler silencer vf1000r. The seller is x-pipe. And the seller has a website of www.x-pipe.com

I've searched the web and found positive reviews. I'd like your opinions.

Please and thanks.
    Dave

2. vfrcapn

vfrcapn Member

United States
    Map
    Seriously, I'd run away. Keep checking eBay, the R pipes show up pretty regularly. I just saw a Craiglslist ad for parts bikes in the SF Bay Area, http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/4587604729.html. Probably get both bikes with exhausts for $300.

For $200 I'll buy them both and send you one of the exhausts, I need the Supertrapps and could use the mirrors...!

3. dcompson

dcompson New Member

Thanks, I'll send you a pm.