need help asap!!! I installed spy 5000m alarm on my 01 5th gen now it won't start!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by hollenbeck, May 5, 2013.

1. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

ok so I tried putting on a new alarm system on my 5th gen its a spy 5000m alarm,I did as follows. spliced yellow wires into headlight wire running to fuse box,spliced brown wire to horn,turn,and start wire from fuse box,spliced blue wire into yellow and red wire running from starter relay.The alarm has a remote start function so I tried to start it from remote and it wouldn't start so I tried to start it manually with the key and it still wouldn't start(the fuel pump isn't turning on) so then I took off the alarm and wired everything back and the problem still exists,so please any advice would help.What wire that I've messed with would make the fuel pump not cut on,so please help.

2. MrSleep

MrSleep New Member

United States
    Map
    1. Check to make sure kill switch is in the on position.
    2. Check the fuses as you may have shorted one or more.
    3. Go back over your wiring and connections to make sure they are good.

3. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

sorry for late response but I went over the wires with a hot wire and touched one of the wires with it and it threw off a spark and blew my main fuse so I replaced the fuse and still nothing.no lights on dashboard or anything when i turn key to on position,so I'm having the only mechanic I trust pick it up tom,I usually do all my work but I'm over my head on this one

4. emon07

emon07 New Member

United States
    Map
    Bummer - I installed the Spy 500M alarm on my 04 R1. I want to use one on my VFR also - Let me know if there are any issues with the Spy 500M alarm on the VFR. Good Luck!!

5. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

I've always wanted one, I got the alarm and exhaust and I'll be done with the bike, the mechanic said it'll be around 160 and that's putting in alarm and picking it up, as long as I didn't fry my ecm I should be good