new bike, first ride, first impressions, more questions

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by rich stone, Apr 1, 2018.

1. rich stone

rich stone New Member

United States
    Woke up this morning to find an '07 in my garage. good looking bike, like new really. But it feels like a hardley with flat tires to push around.

first impression is that it has frame sliders, (which I like) but being right in front of the pegs they are in the way when I put my feet down at a stop and it;s ust a matter of time before they cause me to fall over. Any better options?

The pegs will need to be lowered. I've looked at the Knights and the MFW from twisted throttal. The MFW's cost roughly twice as much as the Knights. Any preference or others I should look at?

It really feels like a fat pig to move around the garage, but after the first ten miles it's quite likeable under power. Too bad the closest twistys are 500 miles away.

2. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Welcome - I'm guessing you're from Florida then? :D

3. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    It's a grueling 4 miles for me. The struggle is real.

OP, what the pressure are you running? How old are the tires? I suppose that it could feel heavy in the garage. Mine does, somewhat.

I have just the opposite peg problem. I want to raise mine. Paging SebSpeed...

Oh, welcome to the mental ward. Pictures are mandatory.

:worthless:

4. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    I noticed a marked improvement in turning in the driveway after installing new front tire, both are PR4's, could have been flat wear off center (mostly twisties) or low pressure, not sure. I have the Knight's pegs and like them very much, they were the only option when I got my bike in Dec '14.

5. rich stone

rich stone New Member

United States
    air pressure was my first thought, I have many other bikes in the garage including a vstrom and a bunch of classic brits. as far as pics, it's too damn cold here. just picture every other red vfr but in like new shape.

Lint likes this.