New DLX

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Shinigami, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

United States
    Map
    post deleted

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

This pretty much goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway...

:worthless:

3. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Haha what he said^^^^^^
    Congratulation on your new VFR, there are a few members got the new VFR and they all seem to love it.
    I would too if I have a new bike :rolleyes:

4. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    After 6 days and 530 miles, I'm loving my new red Deluxe! Traded my 07 for it. Pretty much agree with everything shinigami said.
    Nice Foxrton shot.jpg IMG_20140820_171717883.jpg 2014 VFR-first day1.jpg IMG_20140816_192851609.jpg

5. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Now you're talking!, nice looking rides, nice ride spot too, where you located?

6. MotoPumps

MotoPumps New Member

United States
    Map
    New DLX for me as well. Picked it up on Saturday. Really does feel lighter and more agile than the '98 that was traded. I miss the cam gear whine, but really like the changes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Damn, This is turning into a 2014 VFR fest! These are really nice looking bikes, and even though the changes are really only evolutionary, the small differences do make a difference. If I was to trade in one of mine for a 2014, it would have to be the '09, I too like the gear driven cams and would miss that too much I think. That being said, I just can't seem to part with 'Natalia', she's still a great bike and still love riding her any chance I get.

Cheers!

8. metallyguitarded

metallyguitarded New Member

Map
    That DLX really is a beautiful bike. I'm not a big fan of the stacked headlights on the front end of the 6th gen and wish they would have kept it closer to the 4th or 5th gen's looks in that regard. I think Honda got it right with the DLX though. I'll hold on to my butter face bike for a while longer I suppose. I'm sure she'd tell me I'm no George Clooney. Then again, ours is a marriage that goes deeper than looks. We are aging gracefully together. Still, I'm not dead! A man can still look at these younger, prettier bikes, right?

9. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Seems the new VFR's are flying off the showroom's floors
    Awesome bike there buddy, if I were to get one it would definitely be the white
    STUNNING. .....take care of your new girlfriend. ..don't rub on her to much. .the wife might get jealous :cool:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  10. VIFFER RIDER

VIFFER RIDER New Member

United States
    Map
    Wow, those factory panniers look great! I love the pearl white too. :) m saving up for a pearl white deluxe myself...sometime next year and my 02 isnt going anywhere either...that will still be my commuter.

Can someone with a 14' viffer post up night shots of the headlight beam pattern? Im curious about the output of those led headlamps. i do a ton of night riding to and from work so it will be helpful someone who does alot of night riding.

11. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    Looking at threads like this makes me want to go to the dealer and buy one now.

12. polbit

polbit New Member

I'll try to post a pix later in the week, but I have to say, these are by far the best lights I've ever had on a bike. Heck, they are better than my xenons on my car. LOVE the LED headlights.

13. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Well I just went and got some oil for my bike and of course what's sitting there but a red 14 I'm like shit. The guy looked at my bike and couldnt believe it is 12 years old..he's like I'll give you a good price on it for a trade in... I look at him and say don't even go there.
    Sure is sleek..maybe this time next year I will visit these thoughts again..but not now. My bike is perfectly set up for me..all I have left is the suspension.
    But sure is nice...the tag said $14,325 deluxe model

14. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    after the first ride, its just a used bike. I get one when its a few thousand and broken in

15. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    :eek: :mad: :confused:

16. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    So, you didn't find that there was a bit of shadow/dark area between the pool of light right in front of the tire and the band where the main beam hits? On my bike it's about a 20-30 foot gap of very little light. I also found that when you're going straight, the main light pattern on the ground is a good sized arc with some amount of depth (minus the 20 foot dark spot), but when you're leaned over in a turn, it's a tight little band that seems like it's only a few feet across and you can't see anything through the turn. If I had any artistic skill at all, I'd draw you a picture of what I mean and scan it, but alas, I have none.

Basically, I was disappointed on my first night ride due to the high expectations coming from all these folks saying they were the best lights they ever had on any bike. I'm not saying they're bad, but to me, they still have room for improvement.

17. FJ12rydertoo

FJ12rydertoo Member

United States
    Map
    I love the looks of my red '99, but my oh my, that white is a beauty. Very, very nice.

18. polbit

polbit New Member

I don't remember anything approaching 20 feet in front that was dark, in fact my first impression was , "Wow, it's so uniform, and reaches so far". Leaned over it's definitely not as broad, but again, very impressed coming from my older bikes like Kawi 9R, 954 and Gixxer 750. I'll take it out tomorrow night with your comments in mind. As good excuse as any to ride more!

19. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Man! I shot my load on this one. Now I have to get back to work.

I guess you don't want to be dropping these purdy beeches and replacing too many of those mirrors would you?

20. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    Ya one spill and your still paying the bike off, how come these new bikes don't have anything to protect them when they will fall over?:nelson::shocked::happy: