NEW HONDA V4 Spied in the desert!!

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by rc24rc51, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Richard Thompson

Richard Thompson New Member

Map
    hahahahahahah....ROFLMOA :pound:

2. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

I said in another thread...I dont hate it as much as I expected to. I have allways been a honda guy & ended up with the yam FZ1 because of the total lacking of a honda in that class in the US. Still no CB1000R here. Im not looking at 1 liter CBR, R1, Gixxer, or ninja. This new bike might be an option for someone like me. I have looked seriously at the FJR1300 and decided Im not that mature yet. still want the 'giggle fun' bike.

3. rc24rc51

rc24rc51 New Member

Map
    Yes , judging by the pictures Honda has gone more towards the "touring" part of the equation with the new VFR1200. Personally i'm very diappointed with that approach. Although Honda has stated the V4 engine will once again be a big part of their overall line up, the rest of us will have to wait for a more sporting version to make an appearance.

4. Marley Davidson

Marley Davidson New Member

Map
    I don't like it.

I'll have to wait for the RVF!

Hope it will not be another disappointment...

5. Hyungster

Hyungster New Member

Honestly, I think the VFR800 could use some MINOR updates, but it's a perfect bike. I think this is more of a ST1300 update.

maybe the japanese police who use the st1300 (as well as many in the US) want an update and now the market is ready for them.

i think this 800 is a great size physically for 80% of what I do and use it for.

6. goinphaster

goinphaster New Member

It's not a tool belt, it's a "fanny pack" of sorts, and the rider is Japanese (it is very common practice for Japanese to keep phones/wallet/change etc in a pack attached at the waist vice keeping it in thier pockets). in the other picture you see other people wearing slipper sandals that look exactly like the ones everyone wears over here. the bike in the pictures is also a JDM model, noted by the fact that the front turn signals are not on (all the time). it is something I am going to have to do to get my 6th gen registered for the street here in Japan.
    I could be talking out my a$$ but it's what I'm seeing in the pics. makes sense though, Japanese aren't going to let that bike out of thier sight until official release...

7. John451

John451 Member

Australia

Thats just mean. :biggrin:

[​IMG]

8. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I think, and this is pure speculation, that this might be purely intentional by Honda. Let's see, most VFR riders that I know have had their bikes more than 2 years. They are by and large more mature riders. As are ST riders. Other small bikes are starting to fill the short mile sport touring by the younger guys. The older guys who have VFRs are a market, but it's gonna take a lot to get them to pony up the dough for a new bike. So, where is the biggest market for them, the middleweight sport touring rig where not much has happened in a while, or higher displacement sport touring? If they do it right, they merge the ST riders and the VFR riders into one good all arounder. Will we all be happy? No. We won't. Is it a positive move? Hmm, hard to say. I'm not in marketing and your guess is probably better than mine. Would I buy one, well, that is a definite maybe. ;) If it's as dependable as a VFR, has a SSS, a V4 for those nice tunes, then it has a couple of the big things I like on the VFR, the ST designation prob drops the insurance cost. It's not quite a goldwing, but it's a far cry from a CBR. Maybe it's just right. I just can't say without seeing it.

9. great white

great white New Member

I'll pass.....

10. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I'm hoping that when I get mine I can get stuff like this for it.

Honda Goldwing Apparel & Clothing - T shirts +

I was on 101 yesterday doing a short loop. Spotted a dude on a HD in a group. This guy was pulling two trailers. My first thought was, we now have a new term, "Winnebikers"

11. rc24rc51

rc24rc51 New Member

Map
    Do you mean until you see it in person? What do you think of the photos? It has the SSS, ABS inverted forks/ radial brakes an obviously a V4.

12. tcarroll

tcarroll New Member

It's just too sophisticated for me.
    I don't like wine and caviar; I like beer and burgers.

13. two4one

two4one New Member

United States
    Map
    All I can say is, this version is going to cause even MORE generation battles between those who won't let the past go and those who like change. It's going to be a great bike no matter what it turns out to be. There's no way we could expect a bike similar to what we've had in the past whether it be 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th gen. The market has changed, time to move on.

I know I won't be willing to pay for this bike until years down the road when the used market has built up. My track day crack addiction won't allow for a brand new bike anytime soon.

Side note, I'm glad to see a shaft drive. Chains blow for anyone who puts miles on their bike.

14. douglasthecook

douglasthecook New Member

United States
    Map
    +1, refined and polished has it's place, however, so does raw and unrefined!!! Mmm, burgers!!!

15. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map

What 2nd gens and 1st gens don't get no lovin...remember where YoUR bike came from........young grasshopper. don't make me get up outa this wheelchair and smack you with my cane.....:biggrin:

Crusty

16. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I hope it has a transmitter so my mom can sit at home and map out my every move, calculate my mileage, show me where the nearest McDonald's is located, and where to avoid the dreaded Dairy Queens. Except for Blizzards with M&M's. They are good.

17. skivfr1

skivfr1 New Member

I Want One! :thumbsup:

18. two4one

two4one New Member

United States
    Map
    This is not a dig but a serious question, what is so sophisticated about it?

19. Jimtt

Jimtt New Member

Map
    You cannot gauage a bike by looking at it, that is all.

20. madduxca

madduxca New Member

I agree, we need to ride it. plus, you can't see the styling from the saddle!