New Orleans, Riding At Night, Wednesday Bike Night

Discussion in 'USA - South' started by JBzRed07, Nov 18, 2008.

1. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

Any of you fellow 'VFR-Ceptor' riders from the New Orleans area ever ride at night?

Do any of you ever go to any of the Bike Night events? (Ex: The Pit Stop on Jefferson Hwy, or The Kamp in Harahan) I've never been, therefore I am curious to see what all of the hype is about.

The weather conditions at night have been great in recent weeks, so I was just wondering if any of you ever take advantage of venturing out after dark, or meet up in groups during the week for a night run?

:spider:

I'm heading out tomorrow evening cuz I'm anxious to find out how well this bike illuminates the road. :flame:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  2. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

What a great night for riding! I threw on my new pair of Joe Rocket Alter Ego over-pants, Joe Rocket Sonic Leather jacket, SIDI boots, helmet and gloves, then headed out the door for an evening venture.

First stop was to McGuire's Pit Stop on Jefferson Hwy. I think I only counted 30 bikes at the most at any given time. I ate a grilled chicken sandwich, spoke with a few riders out there and then headed to 'The Kamp', on Hickory Ave. in Harahan, which turned out to be the place to be tonight. There were probably 300-400 bikes, a decent crowd, with 'HillBilly BBQ' grillin' some excellent grub. I even ran into a couple of folks that I hadn't seen in years. 'The Kamp' is indeed a very nice venue hosting Wednesday Bike Night. All bikes are obviously welcome, even though the majority of bikes were cruisers. Oh, and I didn't have the only Interceptor in their parking lot.