New Owner of a 2014 VFR DLX in White

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by VFRPearl, Jul 25, 2017.

1. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    At that price no wonder it's been sitting so long
    Thanks guys
    Buddy was looking at the new Duc 900 and his insurance company wants $300 a month SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    Bubba Utah likes this.
  2. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Wow that's crazy - I assume you're talking about the '17 Ducati SuperSport? I think I saw a similar comment about outrageous insurance quotes on them somewhere. I can see how it plays out:

New Ducati SuperSport Owner: "You want to charge me WHAT?!?"
    ACME Insurance Company: "I'm terribly sorry sir, but you're asking us to insure a freakin' Ducati SuperSport - you should consider yourself very lucky that we're willing to insure you at all."
    New Ducati SuperSport Owner: "But I'm just a poser who wants to LOOK like I'm riding a fast bike - in reality the Ducati SuperSport is only about as fast as a Honda VFR800! Plus it will probably spend more time in the shop than on the road!"
    ACME Insurance Company: "Then maybe you should have gotten yourself a VFR800 then - now go away!" :D

As for prices on leftover VFR800s it seems like there are some killer deals right now in Colorado - like $5k base models and $6k deluxes. I've seen threads on both forums recently by guys buying their bikes there and either shipping or riding them across the country to get them home.

Bubba Utah and duccmann like this.
  3. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Yeap, insurance was the #2 reason I bought the VFR, #1 was the discounted price. I pay $53 a month. For the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 they wanted $153 a month. Best deal ever for me was the 2003 Suzuki Sv1000s at $27 a month. It had the same engine as the Vstrom. Tuned differently though with 113hp and 417 dry weight. So I guess for a Japanese or American V engine you pay double if you have 4.;-) If its Italian you get f..ked more and often?

duccmann likes this.
  4. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    Wow, $53 a month? I pay $250.....a year! But my Grand Cherokee is about $1300 a year.

5. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    What company do you use. I have had progressive for years. It would be good to shop around knowing this. Thanks.

6. 2027Matt

2027Matt New Member

United States
    Map
    I just changed Insurance on my motorcycle to Dairyland Insurance Co. Best rates I have found.

Bubba Utah likes this.
  7. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    I've had State Farm forever. I used to get a quote from some of the others every couple years, but they could never get lower than State Farm, so I stopped checking.
    I have 1 car, 1 bike, and 1 house. Full coverage on everything, plus an umbrella policy.

Bubba Utah likes this.