New owner of VFR , need Help !

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Guest, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I will take my VFR 2002 after few day , what should i notice ? I only ride a Yamaha SR 500 before , i afraid cannot handle this bike ? it is worry too much ? thanks !

2. NYMBYSS

NYMBYSS New Member

United States
    FIRST WELCOME TO THE VFR CLUB YOU JUST GOT THE MOST COMFORTABLE SPORTBIKE YOU COULD EVER OWN A SECOND NEVER SECOND GUESS YOURSELF OR YOUR ABILITIES EVEN IF YOU ONLY AWARE OF THEM ON A SUB-CONSCIENCE LEVEL SO YOU MADE THE RIGHT DECISION NO RELAX AND ENJOY THE FUN ENJOY ;D ;D

3. JBY28

JBY28 New Member

Take a motorcycle safety course. Or better yet, get to know a police motor officer to show you a few things. As they have had the basic course and a 80hour motor school. They could show you a lot if they want to ;)

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Enjoy.... I recently went from a Honda CBR600 to a 02vfr. I gotta admit the first thing I noticed right of the bat was that your throwing around more weight. Don't get caught up trying to ride the vfr like you did the smaller bike until you first find yourself comfotable with the vfr. It's been 4 months for me since I made the switch and I'm still not pushung it like I use to on the CBR. I think part of that has to do with the tires. I ran dunlops on the CBR and the VFR came with Metzlers Z4's and I felt like the bike was going to slide out from under me more than once. Another thing I will say is that if you ride the twisties, like I did this morning up at Ortrga Hwy. here in sunny southern California, then you'll want to keep it up pass 7000 Rpms if not Inoticed it tends to want to get this stalling feeling ....kinda like when your running out of gas. Don't get me wrong Ilove the bike and feel I can only get better.