New owner wants to be un-owner

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by SDVFR1, Apr 7, 2014.

1. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Dude... come on now ... something stirred the pot for you to lay down the green backs. 80 miles ain't shit to determine what the bike has to offer---you have Heli bars, lowering of the pegs ... taller windscreens.. Don't kick her to the curb so fast... she might surprise you ... unless your just an old Harley rider and don't know diddle about going threw turns and such...just sayin

2. cinelliguy

cinelliguy New Member

Map
    Nice bike, good luck with the sale.

3. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Oh I skipped about 7 post and just found out you are a harley rider... what were you thinkin??? I'm sure you can find a nice home to someone that really needs a sport tourer---good luck

4. Mark919

Mark919 New Member

United States
    Map
    You've got a great looking 2006 there. I've always appreciated the easy handling of the VFR. You can always ride the VFR in a conservative manner, but if you buy a heavier and more conservative bike you may get bored with it.
    Too bad the VFR is not what you expected but it should be easy to sell @ a price of $5000 or so.
    Just as a warning - it looks like you still have original tires so be real careful and not push that sportiness at all unless they are changed.

5. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    :pirate::pirate:Hey I all ready dropped my VFR once and have only gone maybe 300 miles, but my mind just wasn't on riding. Now it is and I molded somewhat to make it easy to ride. I only has a temp plate and ten days to ride at the time I feel over due to being in the wrong gear in a sharp blind turn. I still don't have many miles on the bike less than 4700. if I had 100,000 miles I am sure it would have dropped a few dz times. I have put the sargent seat on my list-the stock one just suks.

6. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I had a harley right before my VFR. The VFR is a much better ride. You don't have to ride them fast. I have ridden mine slow before.

7. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    That is true-in pothole land I was going like 4-5,000rpm and I bet I was saving a lot of gas too. You cannot ride fast well if you cannot ride slow well, this is not all ways true however as the VFR does like speed too. It has a jeckle and Hyde personality.:whip::croc:

8. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    The white model was for old guys

9. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I feel ya man but I am the the other way around. I was just about to pull the trigger on an ST1300. I was borrowing in for shop group rides and getting really chummy with it. It had great power, a good all day riding position and all the options I could use. Then I rode the VFR (5th Gen) and never looked back. I just like the fact that it was more sporting and a bit lighter. The ST1300 felt a bit "Gold Wingish" to me. I have the bar/foot peg options to take a bit of the starch out of the ride position and it fits me like a glove. (A big fat glove!)

10. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    I know you think it's too much bike to handle, I thought so too in the beginning. Hadn't ridden in a long time, I kept going over the same twist roads, first mostly in third gear, then forth now mostly 5th. Concentrated on pace and what was ahead. I know the bike is far more capable than I am, but I am enjoying it more and more. It's taken 6 months and 5000 miles to really appreciate it. I am 6' 220 lbs and the ST1300 looked way too big for me! Give it a chance.

11. BWeiss

BWeiss Johnny Partseed

United States
    Map
    It would appear I am a product of our failing educational system as location was there. Although, it was a lot like finding Waldo...

12. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    :asshole: With years worth of wisdom. We know better than to built it just because.

13. SDVFR1

SDVFR1 New Member

I have been riding since I was 13yo. I have had a lot of bikes over the years both MX and street. I had a five year run where I was doing track days, again both on MX and street bikes. I have had multiple GSXR's 600/1000's, R1's, BMW K1200RS, Ducati ST3, I was buying a new CRF250/450 every year for awhile and have had 5 or 6 Harleys. I know how to ride a bike, and again, that is the problem for me. I rode the VFR again this morning and its already happening. I am just not the most responsible guy on a fast bike and the VFR is fast. Anyway, I actually cleaned it up and took some better pics. I am going to repost on CL for $5500 but will sell for $5. Thanks for all the comments, you guys are entertaining to say the least. :cool:

20140408_080517.jpg 20140408_080456.jpg 20140408_080632.jpg 20140408_080754.jpg 20140408_080811.jpg 20140408_080821.jpg 20140408_080837.jpg 20140408_080853.jpg 20140408_080913.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Have you tried putting sliders on your bike?

15. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    That is a very nice looking bike. Having been in a few accidents -motorcycle and unrelated - my lower back tends to get sore with the stock bars. I changed to Helibars and it has made a big difference. Now I can ride 400+ miles in a day and be just comfortable enough, perhaps you would benefit with the helibars or similar ones as well.
    If you are interested, we can meet half way between OC ad SD and swap bikes for a while for you to see if you like the ergos better.

16. Badbilly

United States

I can say this much. two great salespitch points are that the VFR is too fast for you and you owned four or five Harleys should work on a noob. Here? Naaaa..

17. Badbilly

United States

No wonder! Waldo is a Canadian. I mean look at the way he dresses. In San Diego he could die of heatstroke with all those clothes on. ;)

18. Badbilly

United States

Does that include the borders?

19. BWeiss

BWeiss Johnny Partseed

United States
    Map
    Waldo is from Canada? Never would have guessed that...my childhood makes so much more sense now...

20. SDVFR1

SDVFR1 New Member

I dont need a noob, I need one person with a cool 5 grand and the desire to have a spaceship in his garage. :cool-new: