New owner wants to be un-owner

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by SDVFR1, Apr 7, 2014.

1. BWeiss

BWeiss Johnny Partseed

United States
    Map

Thats quite the lowball. I got a fiver in my wallet, can I fly down and get it tomorrow morning?

2. kj4eoz

kj4eoz New Member

Map
    I think your giving up way to fast . I just got my 2007 back in Feb and I have put about 1,000 miles on it now . The bike now only has 4,000 miles on it now .
    My buddy is 50 years old and he has a 1999 with risers and I think if you did the same it would feel much better to you . I go from my bike and get on his it feels like a touring bike more then a sport bike . Feels much more warm feeling .

3. SDVFR1

SDVFR1 New Member

You arent reading my posts I DONT WANT TO GO TO JAIL!!!! The bike is fine, its comfortable enough, though if I were to keep it I probably would make some adjustments. I cant help but want to haul ass on this thing. I thought it would be way more mellow. No biggie though, I am not hard up for cash, when it goes it goes.

4. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    SDVFR, you sound like an old man, maybe this will suite your needs. Shit I love my VFR and I'm 58, also have learned to control my right hand (sometimes) with age. Not full of piss and vinegar anymore
    images[4].jpg

5. kj4eoz

kj4eoz New Member

Map
    If I wanted something slower and mellow I would get a Harley if I could get passed the terrible sound of one . lol

6. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    SOunds like SDVFR1 is a recovering speedaholic and is clearing his cabinet of bundles of speed!

7. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    The dude says he has a heavy throttle hand several times and has had a bunch of bikes. We should first out of kindness, forgive him for having Harleys and dumping them.

The dude is then told that the VFR he has is not that fast.

A month from now the same dudes that are preaching about going slow will be doing the "The older I am, the faster I was" boogie or even a couple of "Harleys are fast" stories.

8. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    I find it hard to believe the VFR is making you ride too fast-its all in the mind because of the poor roads with many potholes I found myself going 4,000-5,000 in second gear, the vfr was ok with that and getting super gas mileage. It doesn't start going fast till you go 7,000 rpm when the vtec kicks in. If you want to go slow the VFR can, if you want to go fast-it can. With the boat anchor exhaust off it can wiggle around slow. I think the VFR is a bike that demands you set it up to your style of riding-it can do just about anything. Badbilly I have put on sliders and folding levers when it tips over. I learned a few tricks like don't put too much air in tires 33,36. And don't fill up the gas tank unless you are going on a very long ride with no gas stations around.:bandito::vfrshorty:

9. SDVFR1

SDVFR1 New Member

I have never been on a fast Harley, but I do know you can make them fast. I used to bag hard on Harleys but now I dig them. They are glorified scooters but like most successful products, they have that unquantifiable character that people fall in like with. I REALLY like the VFR, but same thing happened couple years back. I bought an RC51, another unbelievably cool bike, but man after a week on that thing, I couldnt keep the front wheel on the ground and was flying everywhere. Its great in small doses and I am glad I bought this bike. It will be fun to ride for a week or two or however long its here.

10. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Harley guys are mostly just big, swaggerin, self-declared cultural heros, trend-followers playing it up for their flag-wavin fans and ghastly broads, favoring style and image over modern engineering and performance, nostalgic for a 50's when USA wuz in it's glory and we all had jobs, and Harleys really wuz #1.

It's a tough culture, one Hardly-rider disses your VFR, and it's time to sell, right ??

11. SDVFR1

SDVFR1 New Member

Have you ever had one? They are very well built and solid bikes. Yes there are absolute fanatics but lots of guys like me who enjoy them as well. I have had so many different bikes and have found that I like them all and certainly relate to why people ride and love them.

12. Badbilly

United States

This is not your fault or doing. As in most things including childhood memories both wonderful and traumatic like finding out the Tooth Fairly looks like yer mum and the girls down the street can beat the crap out of you, there are more Waldo's out and about than that Canadian version so popular with dudes who were raised by cartoons on the TeeVee and are only slightly aware of music other than rock and roll or books other than ones with small words in big print.

Try Heinlien's "Waldo" or "Waldo and Magic Incorporated" c 1942. This dude, given his head could have moved San Diego.. ;)

13. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I can see why some people like em. It's not my thing but I can see it. I don't like Gold Wings much either but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate what they do. I wish I could join the Harley "cool" group. I have seen the camaraderie that follows adherence to the brand but I can't. I would feel like a fraud. In the VFR I have found all the bike I need. It takes me traveling and it's lots of fun to ride when I get there plus I don't see one at every bar and street corner. If ya'll want do dis Harley's there is another thread around here somewhere for that.

Who-Hates-Harley-Davidson

14. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    I want that bike
    Anyone want to buy my Black stallions? Cheap :wink:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  15. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    I'll buy yours scuba.

16. BWeiss

BWeiss Johnny Partseed

United States
    Map
    Damnit long...we don't need to know what you call that thing in your pants...tmi

I didn't know you were so cheap to rent tho... :eyebrows:

17. kj4eoz

kj4eoz New Member

Map
    I rode a Sportster 1200 and that was enough for me . It was like riding a brick ! I have a friend that all he ever rode was Harley's . He rode my VFR and now wants one . He has his Harley for sale . I don't think guys know what they are missing if they don't try something other then a Harley .

18. Badbilly

United States
    I agree with your lower tire pressures. The bike has less distance to fall when dropped or tipped over. I like those folding levers too. Did you have to use wireties to add the sliders or do you think drywall screws might work?. I know a guy here that used to drop his bike all the time. He finally went out and scored some training wheels at a Harley shop.

19. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    Say what you like, I know you will and I love y'all for it but, I've never ridden a bike that wasn't fun to some degree. That includes a ton of different iron over the years and yes it includes some HD hardware. We owned a dealership so there was always a steady stream of used bikes passing through and I rode em all. Remember, "the credit goes to the man in the ring" that's the guy or gal out there riding something, anything, and these people are like you and me, people with a passion to travel on two wheels and sometimes one or even three depending on your style. So lets move past the crap and help this brother / enthusiast out. His reasons for making the change are his own and really none of our business. The more we dig, the more we judge and that isn't what this forum was built on.

Ok Jethro's rant is now over, please return to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress. :triumphant:

20. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    I am with Jethro, ride what you like as long as you happy......
    To the OP hold on to that bike, I am coming to check it out this weekend.