new rider

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by dsw, Jun 24, 2015.

1. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    damn it lol

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    R

The tariff was Reganomics. The way that worked is that Republicans got Harley's at a discount.

The two tier licensing was for issuance of a motorcycle endorsement added to the drivers license. The way that worked,paid the Republicans or you didn't get the license.

3. Terry Smith

Terry Smith Member

New Zealand
    Map
    Man, I can't imagine getting on a VFR as a first bike. The power and brakes are easy enough to deal with (provided panic doesn't set in) but there's a lot of muscle memory-type stuff involved in balance while starting and stopping, and the VFR is a reasonably tall, heavy bike with an expensive fairing. I agree with the previous comments about starting off on something lighter/smaller. Having said all that, I've never actually dropped a bike at a standstill (excepting garage goofs when I wasn't sitting on the bike), but I have found out the hard way about slippery rail tracks, leaving the sidestand down, the limits to ground clearance and what happens when these are exceeded, why anti-lock brakes were invented and, just lately, why dickheads that drop containers of oil on otherwise dry and grippy corners should be suspended by their testicles. So what do I know?

4. cardesignmind

cardesignmind New Member

Map
    O
    Amen to the expensive fairing! And I think they're made out of the most fragile material the Japanese could find.
    I recommend personally this bike as a beginners ride.
    As an adult you'll look like a circus bear on it- but you don't have far to fall...
    I was looking for a pic of me with it when I was 9yrs old w/ my dog running behind me riding down our road.
    image.jpg

5. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Had one, of course in red

6. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

Somebody actually posted to a post that was more than thirtyseven seconds old? OMG! CRS is setting in..