NorthEastern Cali Cruise

Discussion in 'USA - West' started by drewl, May 13, 2009.

1. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    A great time

I had a blast! Can't wait for next one! Sixweeds has a great plan for next ride , should be quite the hoot, maybe he will share the plan.Thank you Drewl ans Sixweeds for putting us up and putting up with us.Next BBQ at my place and I have my work cut out for me after the feast Drewl's wife assembled for us.:thumbsup:....now some pics:biggrin: Not sure what Bweiss was up to in last pic?:eek:

Attached Files:

2. sixweeds

sixweeds New Member

Map
    Sierra Mountain Road Rally I

Sorry...I did finally make it home safe after bidding Drew bon voyage at the 89 turn off east of Quincy. I rode some beautiful stretches of road from there through Graeagle, Silverlakes, Trukee, the western shore of Tahoe past Emerald Cove into South Lake Tahoe to Highway 50 west to Eldorado to 49 south through Jackson and on into Sonora. I left Drew at about 2 and didn't arrive home until 7 p.m. A real ironbutt rally. I did stop at a turnout on the western shore of Lake Tahoe and fell asleep on a giant boulder for an hour and sunburned my bald head, but I was getting sleepy.

I had no close calls or mishaps the entire two days, and to my knowledge, we had no accidents or even tip overs (that we'll admit to anyway). We did have a couple of scary moments when we hit an area around Antelope Lake. There was a lot of sand/gravel in the road from recent rains [caused by climate change ;-) ]. Mostly because I think we were more worried that each other would not see the debris and weren't paying attention ourselves. But, I'd rather have riding partners that are concerned more about my safety and watching out for each other than squids that don't care and drive recklessly. We all knew our limits, didn't ride over our heads, stayed together, and if one of us did drop back, someone always came right back to check on him (like when Toxic hit a rock and thought he had a flat...just turned out to be from grooves in the road from a terrible paving job).

It was a real blast hanging with you guys and getting to know you. You are all the real deal. Everyone got along wonderfully and it really impressed me as to how generous everyone is. I never had a chance to pay for a meal as the tab was always picked up. I don't even know who paid for the lunch for me in Quincy...whomever it was, the tabs on me next time. It was fun to see the differences in riding styles, too. Bweiss's sitting straight up and ripping through corners without missing a beat ala Kevin Schwantz. Toe, you are so fast and smoooth you remind me of Kenny Roberts, even down to the victory lap wheelies. Toxic leans his whole body into the turns and looks like he's calf wrestling...really grabbing the bull by the horns...agressive but safe. Drew...on that yellow 5th gen you look like a hornet...floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee. And me, well, there is this guy named Freddie Spencer that could drift both ends in controlled slides...(I wish).

I had an idea that our next get together would be a 3-4 day event. For those that could make it, we could arrive at my house on a Thursday night. Friday, we could begin by riding up highway 4 over Ebbet's Pass (8500' elevation) to 395, then back over the Sierras down on 88 through Carson Pass (8500') and and back to Sonora. Those that couldn't come Thursday, arrive on Friday evening/night for the BBQ and happy hour(s). Leave again on Saturday morning and head through Yosemite with a tour of the valley floor and then back on 120 over Tioga Pass (9500') to 395, then back over Sonora Pass (9500') back to my place again for a night on the town. Conclude with a big country breakfast/brunch at a local eatery, say hasta lasagna to everyone, and disperse back where ya'all came from. That would be up to four times over the Sierra Mountains!

If you're up for it, lets here from you on a good time to do this. September? We could do an annual event in fall to compliment the now spring ritual at Reggies.

Weeds.

3. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    Looks like everyone had a great time! Glad everyone made it back in one piece. I've been on rides before where the squids take off and leave people behind with no care for others safety. No one on this site has ever done that and that's what makes this place better than all the rest! :thumbsup:

4. Kevin_70

Kevin_70 New Member

great pics guys, sounds like I missed a good time. I really just should have gone with you all, the once *pristine* high sierra single track I was so looking forward to turned out to be 10' wide paths cut out by logging trucks. Really unfortunate.

5. helpgavintakefirstride

helpgavintakefirstride New Member

Hey hows it going guys you guys must be pretty close to me im here from Fresno my names Gavin ive ridden all my life I have an 86 750 im working on and trying to meet some local members in AMD around the Fresno area to ride with and Maybe help from time to time with a little technical know how seeming as. I am currently doing a restored for the first time on my 86 so give me a holler sometime guys would love to hear from ya

6. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Hey Gavin. Yes, several of those guys are up around the Sacramento area. A few of them hang out in chat a lot if you want a real time convo with them.

7. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    Damn it! I was all in until I saw the date of this event. Turns out it was a few years ago.

8. helpgavintakefirstride

helpgavintakefirstride New Member

Alright will do and is he right I posted to a thread from several years ago or what

9. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    :doh:

10. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Possibly need to revisit this thread in the spring and organize another ride.