Online Canadian parts store options are terrible, where to go?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by NateV8, Mar 8, 2018.

1. NateV8

NateV8 New Member

Canada
    So I wanted to get new sprockets and a DID X-ring. Getting the chain is easy. The sprockets are annoying as hell. I want a JT rubberized stock tooth front sprocket and a +2 tooth rear and these are non existent in Canada apparently.

I checked sprocket world and they have a superlite 530 or regular steel +2 rears which is fine but no rubberized fronts. I suppose I can live with non rubberized fronts as I'm sure not everyone gets them. Has anyone (in Canada) tried sprocket world shipping? They say 45 flat rate but is there any hidden costs at the border?
    Where do you order your parts from?

Thanks

2. Laker

Laker New Member

Canada
    Map
    Hi Nate. I order most of my parts from my Guy who has a bike shop. But have you looked at fortnine? They are on-line store with lots of available parts and gear etc. Good Luck!

3. NateV8

NateV8 New Member

Canada
    Yea fortnine is great and that's how I can get the chain but they have limited sprockets and no tooth change. I emailed them and they said if it's not listed they can't get it.

4. JIMLARCH

JIMLARCH New Member

Canada
    Map
    I've used fortnine a number of times with good results. However, you also need to shop around on other sites and compare prices. Fortnine had a DID chain for my 4th gen. I saw the exact same one on Amazon for $100 less.

5. NateV8

NateV8 New Member

Canada
    That's ok I found a place in Canada that can get me anything I want. Bluestreakracing.ca, it is in Ontario. The guy who handles customer service (Tony) was absolutely amazing! Answered all my questions and got me everything I wanted.

I got a DID X-ring XVM-520 gold chain, 45T (+2) drive systems super lite steel rear sprocket and stock count drive systems (not super lite) steel front sprocket.

Lint likes this.