Only Turn Signals are out.

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Rev Slade, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Rev Slade

Rev Slade New Member

I was cruising along 120th in Denver when I noticed my turn signals didn't work at a turn. Once home I checked all fuses, but all were OK. I have lights, brake lights, and horn, so it's not a fuse issue. Brought it to my favorite Honda dealership where the manager said he would have to speak to Honda. Guess they don't know where to look, either. Any ideas?
    Thanks.:cool:

2. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

Okay Rev since you stated that your brake lights work and all the fuses are good then here's some homework for you.
    The turn signal relay is located in front of the dash.
    It has three wires going to it,a black wire with a brown stripe,a grey wire,and a green wire which is the ground.
    Gotta remove the windscreen and the black plastic dash cover panel to gain access to it.
    Get out your test light and check that green wire first for good continuity to ground.
    Then turn your keyswitch to the on position.
    Now check to see if there's power on the black wire with the brown stripe at the turn signal relay wire harness connector.
    That's the power wire coming directly from the fuse.
    If there's power on the black wire with the brown stripe then shift the turn signal switch,left or right doesn't matter,and check to see if there's power on the grey wire at the turn signal relay wire harness connector.
    That's the wire that supplies power to the turn signal switch to light the turn signals.
    If there's no power on that grey wire while the turn signal switch is actuated the turn signal relay might possibly be faulty.
    Try plugging and unplugging the turn signal relay from it's wire harness connector a few times and retest for power on the grey wire.
    You might just have a little corrosion on the terminals in that wire harness connector.
    That's where I would start Rev. Good Luck.

[​IMG]

3. 46Bobber

46Bobber New Member

how did this issue ever work out - what was the culprit as we have the same trouble with a 2007 we just pulled out of storage.

4. 46Bobber

46Bobber New Member

big difference is that the emergency flashers are working so I'd assume the shared relay is functioning - issue would then be at the right switch head itself or the connector that goes to the switch head. - your guys thoughts?

5. Camp

Camp New Member

United States
    Map
    Been researching issues I'm having and everywhere says 3 wire turn relay, 3 wire front lights. Even my manual.

My 08 has 2 wire relay and 2 wire front lights. The flasher seems to have no effect on operation at all and the low voltage marker light power isn't enough to run switchback leds. What generates the turn signal pulse???