Orwell's Interceptor

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by Colddevil, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    Great news!

I assume you don't have an adjustable brake lever installed? I switch all of my VFs to adjustable levers, brake and clutch, from VFRs. Anything made for up to 1997 works no problem in those masters.

2. straycat

straycat Member

United States
    Map
    Oh yea, that would be me for sure, try it once and I'd have a track bike in no time. its a good job the closest track is 5 hours away.

3. Colddevil

Colddevil Member

United States
    Map
    I do not. My search history is full of them, but it mainly brought me to amazon/aliexpress stuff that I didn't feel like taking a chance on without being certain they'd work. That's great to know about VFR levers up to 1997 though--that will give me more confidence to find something suitable.

Alright, I'll switch this back to the other thread I started since it's probably super confusing because I'm talking about two different bikes as if they are one, lol. Unless Sawsi discovers some new mechanical adventures we need to delve into on his bike that I started this thread for.

I finally (an hour ago) got the rear shock into the mail for an exchange. Protip--if you're a consumer sending something overseas, don't go to FedEx. Holy cow. $227. I laughed and took it back home since I couldn't be that much of an asshole to ship it back at that number. USPS was as inexpensive as I could find at $88.