PAIR Valve

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Expvet, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Expvet

Expvet New Member

United States
    Map
    I am installing a Power Commander V on a 2006 VFR and have a question.I am disabling the PAIR Valve by blocking the hose connections indicated in a prior VFRD post concerning using a marble to block a hose. I have included 2 pictures to indicate the tubes I have blocked with vent caps and want to verify that these are indeed the only holes I need to block in order to disable the PAIR. I have Leo Vince exhaust and the stock air filter and will try the Power Commander Leo Vince map as well as the Coyze 06 map to see which gives me better results. Just looking to verify the PAIR blocking is correct before I button her up and take her out for a test ride.

Attached Files:

2. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    If you're using the O2 eliminators with the PC then messing with the PAIR is wasting your time.

3. Expvet

Expvet New Member

United States
    Map
    I am using the supplied O2 eliminators, but I was under the impression that the PAIR removal was neccesary for any Dynojet tuning, which I will probably do in the summer. In the meantime, is the PAIR blocking correct, and will this compromise the PCV performance.

4. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    You are right. To get proper air fuel readings at idle, must block off or it will show off the scale lean.