Popular Mechanics Article

Discussion in 'VFR in the News' started by Allyance, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    Found this article in my Apple News today from Popular Mechanics; https://apple.news/ApEFlXomYTSuEcthKOX3H9A.
    Having 2 Honda V4 Interceptors (1983 & 2014) in my driveway, I find this article offensive and incorrect.
    "How often have you, a mere road-pounding mortal, dreamed of walking into a dealership and riding out on a V4 superbike in all its glory? Unless you're hiding a time machine in your basement and can hop back to the early 1990s, you've had very little choice. Back then V4s were all the rage, but they swiftly vanished."

Ducati is getting a lot of press about their V4's and Honda gets nothing.

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Because Honda's V4 is not a Superbike and beating the crap out of everyone in WSBK at the moment and Ducati is hot on the heals of MM93 in MotoGP as well.

I do think Honda should be praised for their fore site in putting a V4 into racing. If I'm not mistaken, Suzuki and Yamaha are the only inline 4's on the paddock right now. Aprilia, Ducati, Honda and KTM are all using V4 engines.

3. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

You have to consider that every single journalist (I use that term very loosely) writing pieces for the news and the internet is getting PAID to write that story and has a vested economic interest in doing so. I believe the phrase goes something like this: Don't believe everything you hear, don't believe everything you read, and only believe half of what you see.

I would like to offer you some advice. Don't waste your thoughts on such nonsense, there is so little time, waste as little as possible.

4. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    You guys are right, I was just browsing through my Apple News and the article caught my eye, I was disappointed that all the Honda VF's and VFR's were hardly even mentioned. Let's hope Honda doesn't abandon the V4's when everybody else is embracing them.

5. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

It's all good, this is what motorcycles are supposed to do, create passion. Be comfortable in the fact that you know the REAL story.

6. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I find it odd that they feel the interest in V4 road bikes petered out in the 90's. There were a hell of a lot of 6th gens sold . The 7th gen may have been somewhat less successful, but I think given a chance, the 8th gen would have done fairly well.

Honda should create a 9th gen VFR just so I have more hope in getting a brand new VFR before my candle is out.

Samuel likes this.
  7. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

It was a hype piece.

8. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    Completely overlooked 500GP (what? there was something before MotoGP???) as well... SMH... the media...