Possible new 2014 vfr800 ( not deluxe model ) purchase

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by bikelee, Feb 15, 2017.

1. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Agree on the throttle by wire. Very poor "feedback and feel" for someone with a very smooth throttle hand who uses a throttle in overall handling.

2. Sniper

Sniper New Member

United States
    While I'm at it....just give me an Analog tac.

Also, No Ride Modes, please. If you need a Ride Mode switch....News Flash.... You bought a motorcycle that you clearly are not qualified to ride.

3. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Amen bro. It's probably safe to say that most people aren't qualified to ride a "sport bike" in anything but a "straight line", and might be safe to say they aren't qualified to do that either. Watch some of the YouTube videos of bikes on The Dragon. Quite entertaining. A new liter bike on the streets takes some skill and discipline to ride safely. No more laws to protect ourselves from ourselves though please. I like Trumps idea of two laws out for every new one in. Ditch the nanny state mentality.

4. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    Reminds me of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFaAqS2f18&t=96s

5. edgett

edgett New Member

United States
    Map
    My '14 model is my fourth VFR, starting with a '95. It is almost a perfect motorcycle - fast, good brakes, excellent handling and comfortable. However, the "traction control" is nothing short of terrible, reminding me of such systems on early '90's cars. I wouldn't buy another moto without ABS, but can do without traction control.

6. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Above the Rock Store on squid day.
    If your not a seasoned rider you haven't grown up with all these gadgets, and just like new drivers, they don't know what they don't know.
    You can have all those electronics, with that said never have ridden a bike with ABS , I think that and a center stand is pretty much all I would want.
    Think this thread started out getting up in age and that's the reason for the change, well reaction time slows with age and definitely wouldn't be cheap in the wrong way when it comes to all the extras WITH ABS there ta save your ass when needed.
    What ever you decide enjoy and happy ya found us over here.

Hope that made sense with the wife yappin in my ear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jcubz

jcubz New Member

United States
    Maybe the initial MSRP price difference was small... but I grabbed a 2014 std last november, and the price difference was HUGE. Probably because they were having a hard time selling the std.

The numbers i saw back then were-
    2014 Deluxe (no white ones available) - 11k
    2014 Std (got my white one :) ) - 7k

Honestly I was going to get a used 6th gen on Craigslist until I saw a few 2014s in my budget (also had to be CA regulations compliant)

8. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Yeah even the difference between the MSRP's of the standard and deluxe has doubled from $1,000 initially to $2,000 today. I believe when the 8th gen came out the MSRP was $12.5k std v. $13.5k deluxe. Honda has since lowered the MSRP to $10.8k std v. $12.8k deluxe for the 2015 models and $10.3k std v. $12.3k deluxe for the 2014 models. And as you pointed out the disparity has grown even larger with the discounts offered by dealers to the point where the std model has become a very attractive deal.

Also, I believe all 8th gens are CA compliant. Good choice going with the white - it is faster of course and scientific experiments have shown it is more likely to get you laid (j/k :witless: )

9. Adrnln1

Adrnln1 New Member

I just bought a std model with 1 mile on it for 6399. I will add the center stand ($55) and personally didn't care about ABS. I will miss the suspension difference. The VFR has always been a great bike. The price difference should be about $1K between the two. Finding a brand new 2014 on on the showroom floor when I was helping a friend pick up his new bike was my downfall.