Possible Western U.S.A. trip.

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by Glenngt750, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Coffee Time!

Now that im back in Canada, I felt like a coffee and pasterie. We all know where good Cdn.'s go...!.

2. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

OMG...did you go to Timmies?!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

3. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Well ,I'm feeling a lot better now! [​IMG]

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

4. A.M

Ahh, that's not sooooo bad. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

5. Jeff_Barrett

Jeff_Barrett Member

Canada
    Map
    LOL ... welcome home, GT!!!

6. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Good to hear you made it mostly safe and sound. LOL, I figured Rowena loop was why you made at right at Portland, as you rode right past it. SMH Next time huh ;)

7. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    I shouldn't of had to. It's within spitting distance of I-84. :doh:

8. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    I gota add a bit more just for the sake of.....

[​IMG]

That's I84 there at the top, that's how close you where. just saying, next time huh ;)

9. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Ahhh... maybe I wanted to go on the I-84? It had kinda a curve in that picture... (Yeh, next time!)

10. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Houston, we may have a problem...

Just going through the video I took. Sheesh, there is a lot of it. Managed to take some "pictures" out of it. I need to keep a very short diary on my next epic adventure. Hard to remember the roads I took, etc. U.S. Holidaze 4.jpg U.S. Holidaze 8.jpg U.S. Holidaze.jpg U.S. Holidaze 3.jpg U.S. Holidaze 2.jpg U.S. Holidaze 5.jpg U.S. Holidaze 6.jpg U.S. Holidaze 7.jpg U.S. Holidaze 12.jpg U.S. Holidaze 11.jpg U.S. Holidaze 10.jpg U.S. Holidaze 9.jpg U.S. Holidaze 20.jpg U.S. Holidaze 18.jpg U.S. Holidaze 13.jpg

11. A.M

Wowie!!! Is that Going to the Sun Road in Glacier?!

I'm so happy you got home safe and sound and that you had this wonderful experience!!!!

Where are you going to next?!

12. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Next? I'd like to ride to Eastern Canada, also across the U.S.. The dollar is soooo low though! Cost me a pile of cash. Gotta find a new job. Also, I'd love to go back to a few of the places I visited in Oregon, and Montana. That one park, Wallowa-Whitman Park, its also in Idaho, partly. What a gem. Typical. The place was empty, but if you go to any town around there you'll see a field turned into a camp ground, with a bunch of trailers "camping" there! This place, two deer walked up to me, passed the most deer on the road I've ever seen, and the camp ground had one guy in one and the other camp ground had two. Was very remote and secluded. Good run for you, A.M.! Not to mention the road in there is second to none! ...and the canyon.

13. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    was going to the sun road fully open when you road through?

14. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Smalltownsville USA is probably the most hospitable you will ever find. Pictures are nice to share but the best part of the trip is what is happening right there, right now, right in front of you. WHen do you expect to be back in Admonton?

15. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Arrived back home Tuesday morning at 12:15 ish. a.m. Went home on a quicker route. Would've loved one more week in South CA, and one more week taking roads back home through Smalltownsville USA. Another cool trip I'd like to do was in Cycle Canada a few years ago. They took some roads made by the Americans during WW2. The road is falling apart now, and you need a dual purpose bike to get through. Looks like a real adventure though. Also, the roads around Kaslo, Nakusp and Silverton are nice. Another Cycle Canada article on the old silver mining roads and tracks in the area got my attention as well. That looks like a good place for a dual purpose or an Adventure bike. Cheap accomadation, hot springs, and good camping as well.

16. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Yes, it was open... and...

Yes, it had opened the day previously! When I left home it wasn't open yet, but I took a chance and if it was closed still I was just going to ride around it. Found some more good roads to add on to your route. Went through Kalispell down hwy 28 to Thompson Falls. Just outside of town took the first left after the bridge and got onto Montana Sec. Hwy.471. Very scenic and twisty road that went so high that I ran into fog at one point! Awesome road. That turns into NF-9. Very cool road where it goes into a canyon by the river. Again, scenic and twisty. Ran up I-90 to Hwy. 3 south. A nice road as well. No traffic, and more flowing. Then connected with Hwy. 6 after Mashburn. Don't remember the road, but it was good if I remember. I then hooked up with Hwy. 95 south, through Moscow and Genesee. That took me to the start of the "V4toTour Special". From Thompson Falls on, there really wasn't a bad road there. Some were like 10/10 as well.

17. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    If anyone is interested in seeing my trip in video and/or pictures, go to https://goo.gl/photos/gPdHziVdS9me24oV8. There's also some shots of my old /current bikes and some from my racing days. But mainly trip shots. Feel free.

18. A.M

Wow, gt, I just wen through that page of photos and watched most of your videos.

WOW! I loved you took video to remember the moving sights and sounds. That's something I didn't think of doing on my trip.

I have to say, my PCH is pulling at my heartstrings...it reminds me sooo much of Gaspe Peninsula.

19. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Yah, I got the camera using "Air Miles". I don't think they operate in the States? Actually, I like both video and camera. Though, I can take a frame from the video to create a picture. Some of those pictures are done that way!
    I do have the travel bug as well. Going anywhere else this summer? Could meet you for coffee in Minot, N.D. . Only 12 hours or 1/2 way for each of us. Geez, could do it in one day. Hard day, but... Suzanne's daughter gets married soon, so would have to be later in July, or early August. Or we need a Western- North Western Get Together, maybe in Montana? Or in Utah, or someplace central to a larger group. Any ideas? Maybe even one in Kaslo area for us AB./B.C. people.

20. Jeff_Barrett

Jeff_Barrett Member

Canada
    Map
    I could hit all those.

I've got my IB Saddlesore next week, then heading to Minneapolis, then my crash site by LaCrosse, WI and up to Duluth, MN.

Should plan a big annual shin dig in the Black Hills. I know just the place too!!!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk