Power Commander III / To O2 Sensor Eliminate, or not to O2 Sensor Eliminate?

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by JBzRed07, May 11, 2009.

1. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

On my 2007, I am about to purchase a Dynojet Power Commander III for it.

Aside from smoothing out the throttle response by implementing the O2 Sensor Eliminators, is there any other advantage to using them vs. not using them? When bypassing the bike's O2 sensors, does it have any effect on the bike's overall performance? By choosing not to install the Sensor Eliminators, will the bike's O2 sensors screw with the Dynojet PC-III or affect its performance one way or the other? Do the O2 Elims have any effect on the PC-III at all?

2. Action

Action New Member

United States
    Map
    You need to eliminate the O2 sensors or you will get FI errors.

Action

3. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

Thanks for the response. That's a start.

4. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    the best

I fought it for six months and finally bought one.....Felt like a fool for trying to ride/clutch around what was a mess.Coming from a hold out that refused to buy one that should say at least enough. I swear I dont work for Dynojet.:thumbsup:Helen Keller could install it to.Idiot proof. ........Squirrel that was not a dig at the bilnd or the deaf....calm down.

5. Action

Action New Member

United States
    Map
    OK JB, the long version - The PCIII goes between the ECU and the injectors. It alters the pluses via a table or map that you load. Under a narrow set of conditions, the ECU looks at the O2 sensors and tells the bike to go into a very lean condition. Since the PCIII table or map does not account for this you get FI errors. If you never allow the bike to meet the conditions that precipitate the ECU looking at the O2 sensors you would not get an FI error. Hence the statement form some people that you don't need the eliminators. My bike has always been pretty smooth and I've never had any VTEC problems so I can't comment on how much of a difference they make there. Personally, I spent 99 cents at Radio Shack for a pack of 4 resistors and used those. Haven't had any problems.

Action

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  6. skimball

skimball New Member

7. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

Canada
    Map
    I did that without the PCIII and it smoothed out my throttle x10. I don't think I need a PCIII anymore and am going to hold out for when/If I do my exhaust.

8. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I just might try out the o2 sensor eliminator setup first, before I purchase the PC-III.

9. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    Just put the 330 ohm 1/4w resistors in. Smoothed out everything. Better acceleration, better de-acceleration (if that is a word). PCIII -usb coming next monday. Easy as pie to put the resistors in.

10. ZEN biker

ZEN biker New Member

we wouldnt need to this kind of stuff if honda gave us a proper ECU that did 3d map scaling.

in normal cage ecu operation the ecu references the o2 sensors once the engine is in normal idle, as the fuel map is based on the epa requirements the ecu makes minor adjustments to correct for over lean or over rich conditions for the load, demand, amount of oxygen in the exhaust (lean/rich , you must have some but not too much)
    in systems with two o2 sensors (before and after the cat) is also checks to see if there is unburnt fuel(lack of o2 after the cat) in the exhaust.

looking at modding a ontronics box to replace ecu.....will post on this when i start the mod