Pre-stages of track ready

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by MileHighInterceptor, Jan 24, 2009.

1. chickwebb

chickwebb New Member

All of the providers out here (CA) allow a two-piece suit if it has a "Full Circumference" zipper. Even if you don't have matching jacket and pants one or the other (or both) usually come with the matching zipper piece, which you can have any shoe repair place sew into the top/bottom.

Most people would consider a two-piece an acceptable alternative for the casual track day rider. You sure wouldn't want to suffer the consequences of a zipper failure at speed, and most ultimately plunk down for the one-piece if they're going to keep at it. I'd say keep your eyes open and look for a used one, but that Alpinestars suit deal is really, really good and if you can swing just do it.

Oh, and on the street I ride with leather pants (armored, but no knee pucks) and a leather jacket. Or a two-piece textile get-up for wet/really cold days.

2. chickwebb

chickwebb New Member

Nah, c'mon, do it right!

2008 Yamaha R6 AMA SuperSport Bike - BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Or, if you're on a budget, how about one of these?

2008 Suzuki GSXR 750 Track/Race Bike

FILICE 2006 CBR600 and '05 CBR600

:tongue: If you're not sure who Parriot and/or Filice are, Google them.

Seriously, it's winter, the economy sucks, and there are a lot of good track bikes out ther for $3-4k, and some very servicable ones for $2-3k. If you're in the market, that is...

3. MileHighInterceptor

MileHighInterceptor New Member

Those sound awesome chick but as for myself I do not simply have $7500 to throw down on a track bike. I would be more likely to but and older CBR900RR, F4i of ZX something for less than 4 grand. Something like the one below.

1993 Honda CBR 900RR - $1500 (Denver)
    http://http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/1013008853.html

That would be a bike to get around the track and I would feel no remorse at all if myself or a friend layed it down. A F4i I think would still be better simply for the fuel injection.

I think that is the difference between a lot of riders. They would love to have a 2005 or newer nice bike but it just isnt feasable.

4. MileHighInterceptor

MileHighInterceptor New Member

5. chickwebb

chickwebb New Member

I was kidding about those listings. Great bikes, but both out of most people's budgets and quite a handful; 120+ bhp in a 600 cc frame?!

You're definitely on the right track thinking about something that you won't feel bad picking up after it's been dumped. No need to get a bike as new as '05; just about anything well cared for and newer than '99 should be just great. Keep searching those CL ads!