Project: Truth (Streetfighter Project)

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by derdummkopf67, Jul 24, 2012.

1. derdummkopf67

derdummkopf67 New Member

I noticed I didn't have any high quality shots of the bike. Here you go. I'm still waiting for the lower triple tree. So, this is where I am at right now. Projector came in too. I have been sanding and sanding and sanding.... prepping for paint. I have only sold one part. So far, it looks like I will not be able to finish this project.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. derdummkopf67

derdummkopf67 New Member

So, my friend kind of just bailed from the machinist portion, which I was relying on heavily since I am broke. He said he would have it, but not until the end of January. It conflicts with my timelines. So, If you're in California and looking for a project to finish. Make me an offer. I cannot take it to Baltimore.
    Fairings from 07 GSXR 750.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  3. derdummkopf67

derdummkopf67 New Member

I am back in California! Well, I have been for a few months. Luckily, I did not sell my VFR project. I left it in the garage at my parents house. So, I have acquired a lot of crucial parts for this build. I basically started buying cheap bikes for their parts. I bought a wrecked 1992 VFR and a wrecked 2000 CBR 929rr. I sold them for parts and now I have a lot left over. For example, I have the complete front end from the 929rr! I will be utilizing these forks instead of the zx10r forks (its a direct swap!) I also traded the '92 thrashed rear rim for a Cb1000r's rear wheel. I tell you, it looks great! I will post pictures soon. I just have to work backwards a bit. I will be disassembling the bike to make sure everything is torqued down to spec. I also have to replace one of the needle bearings in the swing arm because the mechanic I took it to broke it without telling me. I also have to fix any mistake I may have committed. I'm excited to get back to work!

4. derdummkopf67

derdummkopf67 New Member

Here are some bikes I have brought back to life!

Wrecked 2007 Ninja 650r (bent frame, dropped a new frame on her)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2006 Ninja 650r (Crashed, crappy repair jobs)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CB1000r wheel
    [​IMG]

5. tech54K

tech54K New Member

Philippines
    This is a great powder coating project. The outcome is really perfect!