Quick Release Pins for Seat Cowl

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by VifferChic, Apr 19, 2004.

1. VifferChic

VifferChic New Member

2. PPE

PPE New Member

;) Your bike looks nice !! is that a sargent seat also ?? That exhaust sure fits nicely too.....looks like a tighter and closer fit than most ?!

3. VifferChic

VifferChic New Member

Hey Fuzzee -

No Sargent seat ... yet. ;)

That is my next upgrade. The stock seat makes my tushey hurt after an hour of riding. I've heard some great things about Sargent, plus they have the "2 section" seat which allows more storage when the passenger section is off. You can still put the seat cowl on over the passenger seat though if you decide to keep it on.

The pipe came from the UK, as the Scorpion high mount is not available here in the states. It looks fantastic in person ... even better than the pictures ... and it sounds even better! ;D I have been more than pleased with it.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Bike looks cool. I've got a 98 and 87. I have the sargent seat and the storage space it creates under the cowl isnt very usuable. The space is small and theres no place to put things where they won't rattle and move. It's good enough for a hat or something but that's about it. The seat cowl will not fit over the passenger seat and sargent will tell you this. All that being said I love the seat way better then the stock it's the best upgrade yet even better then my Leo Vince High Mount CF exhaust which works and sounds great. If you search on Ebay right now you'll find some sargent seats for under $300 and some are brand new. I paid $315 with shipping (ebay) and couldn't be more pleased with the seat. I tried the corbin out on a 2000 and the Sargent is better but the cowl will not work with passennger seat it will with the corbin. My butt was getting sore after an hour road for three hours the other day with the Sargent never felt a thing.

Were the cowl pins worth the money? I've been thinking about getting them.

5. VifferChic

VifferChic New Member

Thanks for the information, Ron. I appreciate it. Makes me reconsider a little about Corbin or Sargent. I like the Corbin seats that have a locker built into the cowl itself. I don't carry many passengers anyway so I wouldn't need the passenger seat. Thanks. ;)

6. PPE

PPE New Member

Ah ha....so thats a scorpion !? Looks like great quality. I was lucky as I got my bike with a 2 Bro full system with carbon can. Sounds exotic, yet mellow enough and quiet enough to live all day with.
    Im itchin to find someone with a 90 to 93 VFR with the sargent seat......I wont risk that much dough without a personal test ride. Anyone want to rent a sargent for a day ?!?!?! :D

7. waldrm

waldrm New Member

8. vfrvixxen

vfrvixxen New Member

They were for me but they were only $25 back when I bought them. :(Only bummer is that I realized I lost one earlier this week. I had them probably over 2 years though before losing this one.

Stinks that I have to pay that much to replace the lost one, but I will - it's worth it for me. I take the cowling on and off often since my daughter rides with me.