Racing talk !!!WITH SPOILERS!!!

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by OOTV, Jun 24, 2017.

1. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    LOL - relax “dude” - I merely pointed out that there was already a thread for this 2 month old batch of rumors and was wondering why you would bother reposting them in the racing thread. One of your “newer” articles is over a year old :D Now let’s get back to discussing racing please.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  2. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Congrats to Honda/Marquez and Yamaha/Rossi/Vinales for going 1-2-3 at the German GP!

I’m amazed at how consistent Rossi has been all season - with the exception of Argentina he’s finished no worse than 5th at every race.

F3790157-BFF8-4D83-8377-ABEDBCEEC0AC.png

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    Thumbs and duccmann like this.
  3. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    After Assen this was a very boring race. I hope 2 and 3 were better, they usually are much better. Now the long summer break, both WSBK and GP.

Thumbs likes this.
  4. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Watched Moto 2 last night, that was a much better race than GP. Luca Marini getting to the podium was cool. And its been 40 years since the South African anthem was played, Binder rode a perfect race. Olivera getting 15 points really tightened up the race championship.

It seems almost everyone of these young racers in Moto 2 and 3 are sliding their elbows now. Anyone else notice that? Elbow sliders on all of them.

5. Trakrat

Trakrat New Member

United States
    I noticed they're sliding their helmuts.... lol

6. OZ VFR

OZ VFR Member

Australia
    Map
    Moto 2 will be good to experience next year with the 765 triples.
    A lot of very talented riders in that group.
    Moto 3 is more of a “who’s got the biggest balls” type of race, they actually have very high corner speeds, and a very different riding style to the bigger bikes.
    At the Phillip Island WSBK weekend, they run the GP Juniors cup, all young kids on R150’s, some as young as 12.
    It was hilarious to watch, crazy corner speeds, 6 wide at every corner.
    One young kid this year over cooked it at Siberia, went down, then punched the shit out of the bike, got back on and continued,
    10 out of 10 for character.

Gator and Trakrat like this.
  7. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    We had BSB last weekend from the Brands Hatch GP circuit in blazing sunshine, some great racing with Josh Brookes and Irwin, McAms Yamaha vs Ducati, fighting the whole distance of race 1, young Taz Mckenzie was doing well holding a steady 3rd ahead of Haslam before tucking the front in with a few laps to go

Front end adhesion was a big problem for everyone and there were quite a few fallers including Linfoot on the Honda who looked like he injured his leg

Due to the unusually hot and dry spell we've had the circuit resembled a flat Laguna Seca with equally unforgiving baked earth to slide on

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    Gator likes this.
  8. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
  9. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    That's great news about Shakey he even looks like he's getting well

Race 2 was just as good, Josh Brookes shot off to another good start and Glenn Irwin was there for the whole 20 laps trying to get past, Brookes wasn't having it and took another win for McAms

I don't know why I put BMW but have corrected race 1 ....those Irish boys deserve credit for putting such a competitive package together

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    Gator likes this.
  10. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Shakey always has a great attitude through the years. He was even smiling and joking right after they put the halo bolts into his head.

11. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Congrats to Honda/Marquez for finishing on the podium at the Czech GP and expanding his lead over Rossi for the season championship. Czech :D out the battle for 2nd place with his future teammate Lorenzo on the final lap!

12. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Yes it was a good race for the last few laps, a few overtakes but if we're now reduced to a virtual parade before anyone gets serious it's about time something changed

Crutchlow made a telling comment, "if the hard tyre is on the Ducati it's no good for the Honda", that's not on, one group of riders don't have a safe tyre that'll go the distance, if they can make a tyre just for Philip island why not every circuit?

Serious fuck up there that needs fixing now

What's with the Yamaha mechanics not eating with the riders?

I watched Suzuka highlights, far more interesting and racing from the start, several crashes resulted in injury and the rider involved being ruled out of the rest of the race, the local rider who had one of the longest "I'm gonna make this" before loosing it had the bike on top as they slid down the track ...he pushed the wreckage to the pits and was instantly whisked away in an ambulance

Lowes and MVDM did a sterling job of splitting the riding and got a well deserved win, TSR Honda were a good 2nd 26 seconds behind, with Kawasaki 1 lap behind

Kawasaki fucked up big time, Rea ran out of fuel and had to push the bike back to the pits, loosing them a lap ...the nearby typhoon brought rain hammering down but Kawasaki told Rea to keep going, MM wouldn't have been able to save that slide, rear came around like a speedway bike

Rea was not a happy man and criticised Kawasaki for their lack of organisation "I'm not an endurance racer, neither is Leon, so why are we the ones dealing with all the fall out of this?"

He'd asked on the previous lap to come in for tyres but Kawasaki said keep going, so this happened.

Irish road racing reached a crisi point when the meeting at Armoy was cancelled after the course doctor was injured at another meeting, add the recent deaths of William Dunlop and Jame Cowton and this year could be the last .. Ulster GP next weekend, if it's run

Michael Dunlop didn't intend racing at Armoy his brothers death has really shook him up

BSB this weekend at Thruxton, watch it tonight

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Gator likes this.
  13. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom

BSB at Thruxton was brilliant, with Haslam and Peter Hickman being the standout performances of the weekend after they both did Suzuka then flew back from Japan

Race 1 was Haslam with Jake Dixon taking 2nd on the RAF Kawasaki and Hickman taking 3rd after a not very promising start

Race 2 was as close although Josh Brookes on the McAms Yamaha shot into a race long lead, Hickman came through to take 2nd and Dixon 3rd with Haslam on his heels

Hickman really had his bike flying and 2 more laps would have seen him win, great to see him transfer his road skills to a short circuit, his performance was all the more admirable because he spent the night before in hospital with an IV in after a mystery bug hit him Saturday night

The icing on the cake was Shakey doing the commentary hopefully he'll do the rest of this season .......as you'll find out in the second video

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Gator likes this.
  14. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Thanks for posting the race, I’ll watch it this weekend.

Johnny Rea’s Wreck was very weird. Very slow speed and it was the rear that broke loose as if he gave it a lot of gas. Seem to have surprise the hell out of him too. I wonder if he left his maping on the wrong setting.

15. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I missed the Moto GP race last week. Bein sports and Comcast are at war and it was not broadcast. Super pissed. Going to have to find that race too.

16. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Everything he could set was soft as possible, he said he still can't work out what happened ...there again it happened on the edge of a typhoon or as they're called in the Atlantic hurricane with hurricane force rain, which I'm sure you're familiar with

The only bit of Brno worth watching is the last 3 laps, less than 6 minutes of racing, you're not missing much bro

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Gator likes this.
  17. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Thanks again my friend.

18. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Yes I am very familiar with hurricanes, been through a bunch. My sister was born right in the middle of one. lol Thank God my parents did not name her Betsy, the hurricanes name. lol

19. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Congrats to Marquez for taking 2nd place at the Austrian GP - losing by just a tenth of a second to his future teammate. Marquez has now extended his lead over Rossi to 59 points with just 8 races to go. Watch it quick before it gets taken down :D

20. OOTV

OOTV Insider

MM did a great job with damage limitation. Damn those Ducati’s have drive on the straights! Breaking up JL and AD so he’d only have one Ducati to deal with was a great strategy, unfortunately he wasn’t able to beat JL to the line. At one point I though he had the race in the bag, great strategy by JL too though, when I saw the distance drop mid race, I figured he had to be holding back like the last race, I thought for sure he and Dovi would team up on MM. Lucky for MM, Dovi didn’t quite have the tires for it.

Have to say, VR always seems to have something on Sunday, to come from 14th to 6th and not really having much in terms of race pace, damn! Not sure if anyone saw the open apology from Yamaha, they had someone from the factory apologizing to the racers and fans about their lack of performance this year. It was hard to watch actually.

The Moto2 and Moto3 races were of similar ilk to MotoGP, some good racing, especially by the injured Jorge Martin! He, like MM had to deal with the KTMs, which like the Ducati, have great acceleration on the straights. He sure did his best though. Some good last lap battles in both junior categories.

Gator likes this.