Racing talk !!!WITH SPOILERS!!!

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by OOTV, Jun 24, 2017.

1. OOTV

OOTV Insider

From the MotoGP website:
    "motorsport.com: Miller set for Pramac Ducati switch in 2018
    Reports say the Australian could be moving team next season
    Tags MotoGP, 2017, GoPro MOTORRAD GRAND PRIX DEUTSCHLAND, RAC, Jack Miller, OCTO Pramac Racing, EG 0,0 Marc VDS
    motorsport.com is reporting that Jack Miller is set to leave EG 0,0 Marc VDS at the end of the season, switching to Octo Pramac Racing. The Australian would be replacing Brit Scott Redding to ride alongside Danilo Petrucci in the team.

Miller moved up to MotoGP™ on a three-year deal with HRC which comes to an end this year, and motorsport.com reports that Pramac have been eager to sign the Queenslander for 2018 for some time."

I guess this might explain whose place Morbideli will be taking. So whose going to take Redding?

2. scottbott

scottbott Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I reckon the bikes in BSB are too fast for Knockhill and the indy track at Brands,when they race at Thruxton it reminds a bit of Monza for the WSB,the bikes look incredibly quick round sweeping bends and if it goes tits up you are in trouble

3. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I watched WSBK but only superbike. Was kind of boring except the beginning of race 1. Rea must be feeling good heading into the break.

4. 01ragtop

01ragtop Member

United States
    Map
    Agreed, I was all set to watch some great racing at Laguna Seca, only to be disappointed by a runaway.

5. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I literally dozed off for both races and I'd wake up look at the standings and realize I really didn't miss anything exciting. I actually rewatched/scanned the races afterwards just to double check to see and nope, nothing exciting.

Kudos to Chaz though for coming back strong after his crash in Misano and pulling off the 3rd place in race two. Too bad he dnf'd those few times, I think he'd be a little closer to Rae than he is at the moment.

Although I get why they did the second race shuffle of the grid, but it really didn't change who ends up on the podium did it?

6. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Hence the much vaunted early move to common ECU which Kawasaki really don't want

They keep mumbling about other options but WTF are they?

The road bikes now would have won WSB stock 3 yrs ago

James Hayden was commentating and suddenly got excited "it looks like one of the new Fireblades is going to overtake a moving motorcycle ....ahh maybe not"

7. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I had to laugh at that comment.

8. 01ragtop

01ragtop Member

United States
    Map
    Marquez: Luck or Genius? After the post race interview, I say luck. But also wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to start the race on slicks, but it just wasn't quite dry enough.

Moto 3. What can you say? Great racing, again.

9. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I'd say that both MM and Tom Luthi (Moto 2) had luck (and a little skill) 0n their side. I was most impressed with Tom though as he wasn't doing all that great up until race day. Haven't had a chance yet to watch the Moto 3 race just yet but it's on my agenda. I think even though there was some luck with MM, Ducati really dropped the ball not having their bikes ready for their team. Kind of comical watching it in the "After the Flag" video.

10. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I posted my in the thread Anyone talking Racing about Moto 3 Silverstone. Just an unbelievable race.

01ragtop likes this.
  11. 01ragtop

01ragtop Member

United States
    Map
    A bunch of equal machines and fearless teens. Moto3 is great wheel to wheel racing. The whole season is great.

Hopefully Roosi gets better soon, I want to see four or five riders battle it out for the championship in the last race.

12. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Does anyone else find it ironic that Tony Elias (a Spaniard) won the Moto America Superbike title?! If Trump is going to make America great again, can he start with American riders? ;)

Anyway, congrats to Tony Elias!

Oh Yeah, Kudos to Romano Fenati, what a ride today! Winning by 28.5 seconds is unheard of in Moto3. In fact, that was the oddest Moto3 race I've ever seen, not only did most of the field crash out, some riders crashed, got up and rode again and then crashed a second time. Some who only crashed once, even got into the points. In fact, all but one rider was able to be in a point winning position. Only 16 riders left after the huge attrition rate! Crazy.

Props to MM too, again he showed why he's the current world champion! Also have to say what a job Petrux did, not easy holding off MM or Dovi with his current winning streak. Also a shout out to Zarco, man I had to push my bike only a few yards through the paddock and I was wiped out, he pushed his a ways to cross the finish line but he did it!

13. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Yes 2 and 3 had more crashes than any race i can remember. MM rode the fastest lap of the race on the last lap, just crazy! I thought Zarco was going to throw up in his helmet! But he got a point. lol

14. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Well, glad you were able to watch the races, considering what's happening in your neck of the woods. Hope you didn't get hit too hard and sorry about your tree.

15. scottbott

scottbott Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    just reading this post listening to the radio and Hotel California is playing as I look at OOTV's line at the bottom of his post,'you can check out anytime but cannot leave' bit of a coincidence, great result for Domi in Moto2 the team really needed a good result and it seems that Lowes will be riding a KTM chassis bike, good team and hopefully a good bike

16. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Incredible Moto 3 race!!!!!!

17. OZ VFR

OZ VFR Member

Australia
    Map
    I'm in a tipping comp with a bonus prize for picking world champ, I got Marquez.
    The bloke nearly gave me a heart attack Sunday, how long can you stay on the edge with front and rear wheel slides?
    He's a freak.
    It's why he crashes every practice, to find the limit.

18. scottbott

scottbott Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    he is amazing just not scared to crash!,just wonder how long you can go on and push your luck like that, hopefully a long long time

19. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Hard to believe Rossi did so well. I thought he would fade to at least mid pack.

20. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Bet by next year JL will be fighting for wins and actually will get a handful or four--- he's almost there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017