Reassurance

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by drb, Mar 5, 2006.

1. drb

drb New Member

I just bought an 2002 VFR800. It has 3000 miles on it with full Staintune exhaust. After reading post after post, hour after hour about electrical problems, hickups in the motor, and everything else under the sun I am not feeling good about my purchase. I am hoping to hear from some 2002 owners that dont have any of these problems, cause right now I feel like I made the worst decision buying this bike!!

2. scotsy

scotsy New Member

drb
    The vfr is one of the best sports tourers ever made!
    Don't dwell on potential problems :confused:
    I have an '03 vtec with Microns and it is an absolute blast :biggrin: :biggrin:
    After all, you bought it cause you wanted it didn't you!
    Is there anything ACTUALLY wrong with yours :confused: :confused:
    Put a couple of thousand miles on it before you start worrying yourself to death about something that MIGHT go wrong, and go and enjoy riding it:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
    Best of luck
    Ian

3. JAMIE

JAMIE New Member

I agree with scott ...Ive had my 97 vfr since new , kido youve bought an outstanding machine that will never let you down !!! spring comming

4. Viffergirl

Viffergirl New Member

Enjoy the bike. "Don't worry, be happy!" Once you ride it - you'll be very happy!!!!!

5. Studlypumpwell

Studlypumpwell New Member

No worries...

I bought my '02 brand new. Over 15,000 miles since and not a single problem. Cycleworld had voted the VFR the best overall motorcycle for 10+ years straight. So go ahead and ride it like you stole it; it won't care! Just be careful:)

6. bmany

bmany New Member

The bike gets better as it ages. Did 200 miles in the rain in North Ga. today. Never missed a beat. It's a singer sewing machine on two wheels. It's as reliable as an old whore. It's made to be ridden as hard as you wish for a long time. Just do the service.
    Just think, you could have REALLY screwed up and bought something big and American.