Removal Of Airpumps on 91 viffer

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by jethro911, Feb 11, 2006.

1. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    Just getting ready to remove the airpumps off of my 1991 VFR and I was wondering if anyone has any advice / comments?

I have a Two Brothers full system installed and it has been rejetted. The snorkel is off and there is a K&N filter installed. I installed a dynojet kit two summers ago with disasterous results and spent a few days getting the jetting sorted out after that. I suppose that I may have to do this again with the pumps off??

Oh yah, I'm a new member and I have owned a VFR since 1990. Been riding for over 30 years and I love my old VFR as much as any new machine available. :peace:

I dream of owning an RC30 just like probably 99% of everybody on this site! I couldn't pull it off in 1987 and not much has changed since then.

2. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    Air pumps are off and the ports are blanked off. The bike seems to run no different based on my ass dyno which just about froze off today trying her out at 31deg. It is a bit less cluttered under the hood and about three pounds lighter. I would have to say it is generally a no gain scenario unless you are having other issues with the pumps.:bolt: