Returning rider after many years absent saying hello!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by vfrhindle, Nov 21, 2020.

1. vfrhindle

vfrhindle New Member

Canada
    Hi all, I have picked up this 2001 Vfr800 this summer. Love the single sided swing arm and the v4 sound. No issues so far, but can not figure out where the hose (outlined in white arrow) connects. Connection end of the hose is burned off from touching the exhaust.

thumbnail_20200801_181241_LI.jpg

Since I got it, I have installed volt meter, battery charger connection, handlebar riser, adjustable levers, Dunlop Q3 plus tires. Some of the maintenance items have been done but not all. Will be doing some over the winter.

Here she is prepped for winter hibernation.

thumbnail_20201121_164404.jpg

View attachment 87207

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  2. vfrhindle

vfrhindle New Member

Canada
    Forgot to mention, I have done the Pair valve and the air box solenoid disable mods also. Disabling pair valve eliminated some of the snatch/abrupt low speed throttle.

3. raYzerman

raYzerman Member

Canada
    Map
    Where does that hose join up top... only saying I can't remember but behind the rear head under the rubber mat, a hose joins there with a plastic connection to a shorter hose.... a vent of some kind..... no connection below AFIK... but on my '99 it is routed to the left side and down. A drain or a vent hose?

4. vfrhindle

vfrhindle New Member

Canada
    Thanks for your input raYzerman. I have looked over in the back head area but no luck finding the tubing connection. Anyone with 2000 or 2001 follow the tubing in question back to where it connects and let me know. If you take a pic to show how it is connected will be much appreciated as I may be missing a plastic connector. tks.

5. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    ^^ the factory service manual is excellent for identifying hoses and their routing and connections.

6. vfrhindle

vfrhindle New Member

Canada
    Nothing I can find on my downloaded Honda factory service manual. If anyone can find it on the factory service manual, let me know.

Anyways, I wasn't too clear on my intro, but like other member intro, I am in mid 50 and first time getting back on a motorcycle after 25 odd years off. I started riding dirt bikes early teens and continued riding mostly 2 stroke motorcycles including numerous 4 stroke bikes till I got married in my late 20's.