Saying a huge ty to Fink.

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Nelix, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Rear tyre got punctured yesterday, I was not in the best position just after a bend waiting on the RAC with the hazards on and helmet behind the bike. A lot of bikes passed, then as luck would have it Fink passed going in the other direction, promptly turned round and came back to offer help.
    Took us a few minutes to realise we knew each other from here, Fink got the puncture repaired using his kit and we got 30psi into the tyre before his little inflator overheated (Let me know if it's cuffed mate and I'll replace it)
    RAC turned up at the end and we got the tyre up to pressure and an uneventful, if sedate, ride home.

Tyres were close to needing changed anyway, so will probably just replace both. Still trying to decide what to go for.

Cheers again Murray.

zombie, fink and 34468 Randy like this.
  2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Bummer the other riders just passed you by but kudos to Fink for stopping. If I can do it safely, I try and pull over and at least check on the rider, if I can help, such as repair a puncture, I offer it. I’ll even check on riders when in my car. It’s something I learned early on when I started riding, help a fellow rider if you can.

Nelix likes this.
  3. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Go for a nice bottle of single malt for Fink. I am sure he will need some instruction on its use.

4. Laker

Laker New Member

Canada
    Map
    Great outcome Nelix. Good Karma to Fink!

5. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Hope your all sorted now Craig.

I must have passed at least 20 bikes before I got to you, was amazed when you said none had stopped to offer help. When on scene only the guy on the Harley slowed enough and asked in thumbs up/ down. Or the old guy , ex biker in the car who stopped.

Here is link to the kit. https://www.stopngo.com/pocket-tire-plugger-plus-co2-inflation/

Compressor is fine mate.

Like I said on the day what were the chances of meeting. Shame I wasn’t on the viffer tho. :scooter:

6. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Cheers mate.