Side Bags

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Tray Granger, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Tray Granger

Tray Granger New Member

United States
    Any advice on side bag purchase...? I've noticed some bags utilize the passenger handles and/or the fender. (I have neither) I really like the bags in this pic but cant zoom in enough to see the brand. I also have large scorpion aftermarket pipes (pic 2) Thanks for any input.

Attached Files:

2. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
    Those are Fieldsheer:
    http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/extras/motorcycle+luggage/fieldsheer_zzz+expander+saddle+bags

No opinion on them, I just recognized them. Since soft saddlebags are generic in regards to fitting, it is really up to the user to figure out the best way to mount them. I never had an issue with heat burning the bags when I used soft saddlebags in the past. They are a great way to start touring. But IMHO, nothing beats hard cases once you decide you want to tour more seriously.

Tray Granger likes this.
  3. asp125

asp125 New Member

United States
    Map
    I have fieldsheer bags, I used them on previous low-mounted pipe bikes, but not the VFR. I had a BMW F650 with hard bags, never going back to floppy soft ones again. On my VFR I have Givi V35 hard bags. For soft bags, look on Twisted Throttle, SW Motech or similar sites for saddle bag supports. Before the hard bags, I looked at the SW Motech Blaze system.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017