Shock After hunting down a shock (that I have not yet figured out what it came off)that was the right length ,spring tension and had the correct end on it I sat down to figure out ride height and linkage. The ride height is a given point so I just mocked it up to see what I had and there were some issues with the dog bone and the bottom of the shock coming in contact at full extension. I had to make a new set of links so I measured the rate of shock stroke through its range and used cardboard to pattern several different patterns and took the difference between them and took a pot shot at it. This is the part of the project I admit may require a bit of time and more than one attempt to get it where I am happy but I will need to ride it to know.The new links are steel and the first picture is of the rough cut. Second is finished product and original.Third is left side installed . Fourth is the finished assembly.Fifth is where I took a flapper wheel to bottom edge of swing arm to make a little room for spring to clear, it is all a very tight. Next the shock installed with a shot of the clearance.UPDATE;shock was off a Yamaha V Star 650.