Starter relay

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by a1gatorz, Mar 9, 2013.

1. a1gatorz

a1gatorz New Member

United States
    STARTER RELAY 2.JPG Hi , not sure what wire goes where on the 4 wire clip on top of starter relay? PO cut off clip and had the 4 wires attached individually . The 4 wires are RED -RED/WHITE - GREEN /RED - YELLOW/RED . My bike is a 87' VFR700F2 . Also , does anybody know a good source to get anew plug ? THANK YOU ![

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  2. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
  3. a1gatorz

a1gatorz New Member

United States
    BIG THANKS TOE CUTTER ! Great site , great prices . Order kit & quite a few other things that looked good . Now , my only problem is I still dont know witch wire goes where ? I have three manuals including the factory HONDA manual thats model specific . Not one damn one shows the proper orintation of the wires in the pigtail !! THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK HELP TC

4. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    My starter relay is on the left side of the bike as you sit on it. As you look at it from the left side of the bike, the main cables to to your two starter relay bolts, with the fuse at the top (twelve o'clock) then the colour of the wires is: top left is your Yellow/Red to its right is the Green/Red - You then go to the bottom - its the Red wire then to its right is the Red/White...

You dont wana mess with plugs anyway, one you solder on the connectors its a better set-up than a plug. Cheers and pictures are appreciated...

5. a1gatorz

a1gatorz New Member

United States
    STARTER RELAY 2.JPG Thanks Ridervfr , to make sure I have this right . As in my picture : 1. green/red 2. yellow/red 3. red/white 4. Red ? Is that correct ? THANKS ALOT !!!!!!!

6. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Looks affirmative, this does remind me of the signs that are on the ambulance windshield that spells ambulance backwards, so when some hapless slack-jawed mouth breather is dautling along in the hammer lane, he/she can read AMBULANCE, another good one is: SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT...

My starter relay has the mounting bosses above the fuse. Everything looks like it jibes up though regarding the placement of the wires...good luck...Maybe you wana consider getting an OEM replacement starter relay if you dont already own one...Cheers.

7. a1gatorz

a1gatorz New Member

United States
    Funny you should say that , my picture is from the one I just got on E-bay $ 10.50 . When you say mouting bosses I dont understand ? My slips into rubber mount that then slides on metal tabs on frame . Thanks again RiderVFR