Sunday wrenching on the 500!!! Questions.

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Porkchop, Feb 26, 2012.

1. rainman6

rainman6 New Member

Map
    I feel for ya Porkchop...days like that are bad enough without a tornado to finishing it all off:frusty:

2. Bryan88

Bryan88 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

South Africa
    Map
    I had a similar problem with my Suzuki recently (no fuel flowing out the fuel filter) Try taking the fuel line off on the out side of the filter and letting some fuel run through first. It would seem that the empty fuel line almost creates its own airlock. I don't know if that will help you but it did work for me. Good luck.

3. Porkchop

Porkchop New Member

Thanks for the replies guys...

Bryan, I will try to see what I can do to figure out what is causing the air lock.

4. Porkchop

Porkchop New Member

Wow, I can't believe it has already been a month since we started wrenching!

I woke up this morning and was told my bike was being brought home. What I didn't know was it was being ridden home! When I heard it coming into the driveway I got very excited. He rode it home, about 25 miles, mostly highway, with no problems.... :party2:

Work was shitty, stressful, and angering today, and by the end of the day I was about to kill someone. I pulled into the driveway and realized she was sitting there ready to go. I ran inside and threw on my gear. It had rained all day and was a bit chilly, so I had to be careful with road conditions. But I got about 50 minutes of riding in before it got dark and I couldn't feel my hands anymore from the cold.

I have had her 2 years now, and she has never run this good. The power is nice and strong, and the dead spot between 3000-4000 rpm is now gone. I would say she is mechanically about 93% right now. The idle still needs a bit of adjusting, but the more she runs, the less it seems like a problem. It also needs new fork seals and heavier fluid. Eventually, if I were keeping it for the long haul I would have Daugherty put in heavier springs for my fat ass so there isn't as much dive....