Tail of the Dragon questions about Spring get together?

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by TA-Rocks, Mar 18, 2014.

1. TA-Rocks

TA-Rocks New Member

United States
    Map
    I was just told very little about the meeting at the Tail of the Dragon. If this is called Spring get together, I think it deserves a much better title. How about at least including the site name. "VFR Dragons' meet"

But, I need to know some more info about this event. Has it been scheduled formally? Is this going to be promoted in VFRWorld? Any magazines planning to be there? Any information would be appreciated. I will be planning a trip to the Tail and maybe I can make the trip for the meeting.
    Thanks

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    As far as know there has never been an "official" Dragon meet for VFRW members in the Spring. If you are interested in something like this the other VFR forum (VFRD) has an annual meet in Franklin, NC over Memorial Day weekend and they rent out the entire Microtel Inn in Franklin. It is a very good time with attendance somewhere between 60-80 bikes. I've been to several and it is a really well organized event with some members coming to the event from as far as Canada. Check the other VFR site for any pinned threads related to "TMAC" memorial ride. Many who attend this event are members of both VFR boards and everyone I have ever met at the event has been very nice and friendly. You should seriously consider attending, it's definitely a good time!!! There is an official registration process although some people just show up for a day or two without registering.

Rollin