The Flying Banana is no more, long live the silver, er, VTEC

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by fatshoutybloke, Sep 14, 2010.

1. fatshoutybloke

fatshoutybloke New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    At the end of July I was hit from behind while stopped at lights on the way to work on my yellow VFR800FiX. I just had a call from the assessors, confirming a category C write-off of the Flying Banana and relaying an offer of £1550 pre-accident value from third-party insurers. I only paid £1995 for it 2½ years and 50,000 miles ago so I don’t reckon it’s worth holding out for more. They offered me the chance to buy it back for £232.50 but there’s no bits on it could use and I can’t be arsed to have a gradually diminishing rolling spares pile about the place while I strip and ebay it. Let some breaker do the work!

So, I went out at the weekend and bought this. It’s a 2005 model registered Jan 2006, 2 owners, 12,800 miles, full Honda dealer service history, ABS, HISS, and already has a Scottoiler, which means I can sell the one I rescued off the Banana instead of having to struggle to re-fit it! Brand new BT021s at both ends, new MOT. Bought from a Honda dealership so I get 3 months warranty and a pre-delivery service as well. I like!!!

Attached Files:

2. tmyoungjr

tmyoungjr New Member

Map
    Sucks about the original!!! But very nice bike, awesome color!!!

3. elwray

elwray New Member

United States
    Map
    That silver is my favorite color ...

4. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    Very nice. I assume that the "Flying Banana" was a 5th Gen. If so, it would be interesting to see what you like or don't like on the new bike versus your old one. Congratulations on your new acquisition.