The Sign!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by SCraig, Apr 12, 2008.

1. SCraig

SCraig New Member

Cut-and-paste straight from my web site at this link: http://www.craigcentral.com/bikes/rides2k8.asp#041208

Images below are links to larger images. Click them to see the large photo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This backwater burg is governed by people whose credentials to manage a water fountain in the middle of a desert would be questionable. It's amazing to me that in the 21st century we still manage to put people in positions of making decisions that affect other people's lives when they don't have the intelligence to get in out of the rain! To back these statements up I offer the following photographic evidence:

[​IMG]
    This nice brick sign is one of three that I am aware of that were constructed last year. Looks like a good idea, doesn't it? Nice quiet suburban area, nice brick sign. to welcome people. Looks nice, great idea, spend a bit of the taxpayers money for something useful for a change.

[​IMG]
    But let's take a closer look at things ..... Here's another view that shows where the sign is actually located. Huh, you ask! Surely that solid brick, 8 foot tall sign isn't located right smack dab in the middle of the intersection!

[​IMG]
    It certainly is! I told you these were a bunch of inbred idiots. Someone in the government of this town approved the construction of a solid brick sign right smack in the middle of the intersection of Trousdale Road and Elysian Fields Road. And believe me there is no way whatsoever to see through it! But surely, you say, it isn't large enough to hide a vehicle behind!

[​IMG]
    Well, let's see ... How about a Ford Freestar SUV? Nah, not the black car at the left of the photo, look closer. Click the image to the left and look right at the edge of the sign.

[​IMG]
    Oh, wait! There it comes!

I only hope the idiot that approved this construction reads this. Better yet I hope the stupid SOB has the opportunity to damn near get mashed while riding a motorcycle and turning onto Elysian Fields at the same time as someone else decides to turn left on Elysian Fields from the opposite direction. Neither of us saw the other because of that damn brick sign stuck in the middle of the intersection but we damn near gave Southern Hills Medical Center some business! Neither of us would have been at fault because there is so much traffic at that intersection at certain times of the day it is difficult to watch everything. I was in a Yield lane so technically I would have been at fault, however there was a car behind me that went straight when I turned, and I didn't think the turning vehicle would try to beat him. He tried, I couldn't see him, he couldn't see me, and we nearly met at the back of that damn sign. Luckily I had enough power to get away from him so nobody got hurt. This time! I was lucky.

The idiot that allowed this sign to be constructed in this location is going to be the cause of someone getting hurt or killed. There is no telling now many traffic laws, construction guidelines, roadway design criteria, and other regulations this thing violates yet we still allow people to approve and build them. Think this is the only one? It isn't! There is another one constructed just like this about a mile away at the intersection of Trousdale Road and Blackman Road. Your tax dollars at work hiring the mentally incompetent.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  2. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

It's actually a Ford Freestar.

You are quite correct on the lack of intelligence that went into design & placement of said sign. I'm glad to know that retards in public office is not just a NJ problem.

Stooooopid.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane: :usa2:

3. SCraig

SCraig New Member

Edited .. Thanks for the correction. Fords all look the same to me, unlike "Hondas" :biggrin:

I watched them building it since I go home that way nearly every day. When they initially had the footing in place I wondered, "What the hell is that gonna be?" Then they put up the sign part on concrete blocks and I said, "No Way!" Then they bricked it up and I just started marveling at the stupidity that governs this place. Just amazing.