Thinking of fitting honda Vfr 750 engine to old vf750f

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Vf_Getting_Big, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Vf_Getting_Big

Vf_Getting_Big New Member

Im thinkin of fitting to my old honda 750f newer vfr engine..... i mean the 86-87 with the improved cam drive...... Mayby even newer because the upper frame is allready ripped off.

Why, im tired of listening to the rattling noise of the chain. im 190cm long and the vf is like sitting on a old honda monkey, so im lifting the upperframe and change the front end at the same time. the rear swing is going under build making it wider and more massive (READ STRONGER)

there was a vt1000r engine for sale but havent found any pics of them yet. now there is a87 year vfr engine for sale 450€ and im wondering that are the engine lower mounts the same

Thanks for the answers.

2. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    sounds like a project...good luck

3. FoothillRyder

FoothillRyder New Member

I'm only guessing; but being as the '86 VFR is a completely different frame and engine, the answer to your question about motor mounts is 'no'.

4. JamieDaugherty

JamieDaugherty New Member

United States
    Map
    In fact, that is a pretty easy swap. Almost all of the motor mounts line up perfectly. A guy on the V4HondaBBS did that exact same swap a couple of years back and it wasn't difficult at all.