To buy a 2008 or 2009 VFR

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by monk69, Feb 23, 2009.

1. howl

howl New Member

i just wish i knew of an online, low-cost parts supplier in canada for the oreo fairings, tank, etc.

2. chomper

chomper New Member

United States
    Map
    if you find one let me know.. low cost supplier in Canada unlikely.
    did you see mrsp for the Oreo 14699!!! wtf. theres a guy on vfrd that painted his bike similar to new one before new color was announced i wonder if MR Honda saw that pic LOL

3. monk69

monk69 New Member

I picked mine up today and put 100 miles on it.The 4 valves kick in at 6600/6700.I can fell it but it's smooth,no problems on the turns.

4. bangbang1954

bangbang1954 New Member

Monk welcome, I have a 10/06 (2007) ABS candy red. when I got this Rocket ship I added a power comander III with O2 sensor bye pass. then had her dynoed and retuned. I live in california near sac. the tune-up smothed the transition of the VTEC still at around 6300-6500 RPM got hp up to 98.79 max HP, max toqure at 53.60. also added K&N filter with air box mod, two brothers slip-on thats two to one system. I have this file on my PC if someone wants to try it. now at transition rpm there NO lag like the before smoth and wheel raising if your not ready. Have fun and keep warm & safe.

5. Wabbit1961

Wabbit1961 New Member

Map
    Back in Black...

Glad I bought my '09 VFR in '06! *lol* same black paint! They could have at LEAST offered another color choice.

By the way, I found mine in cycletrader online. I am in Florida, near Tampa, and drove about an hour to Orlando to see the bike. I got mine with bags AND bag liners for $7,900.00 plus tax. It had all of 735 miles on it. It was being sold on consignment by a guy that had a FJR1300 and just wanted to get rid of the second bike. My gain...lol.

Shop around. Don't be in too big a rush. Researching the bike, and sales, will slow you down a bit.

Just checked cycletrader and the cheapest '07 red/white/blue, or RWB was selling online for $7,900.00 (non-ABS model). I have non-ABS and don't see the need for it, but I have been riding for about 35 years now.

KBB (kelly blu book) lists the '07 non-ABS at $8,315 retail, ABS at $8,955 retail...Trade-in values are $5,750 and $62,60 respectively as above listed. So look at that HUGE gap. If you offer them a grand less than they ask they'll probably jump on it, given the hard economic times.

Never hurts to call and ask... I always go into a bike shop with the attitude that I don't NEED a bike. You need to SELL me one. Works for me!

Stan

6. jdohare

jdohare New Member

I just bought a VFR on Friday and was struggling between a 2007 and a 2008. The best price I could find online for a new 2008 was $8,899 before tax, tags and title. I ended up going with a slightly used 2007 with ABS and 4,700 miles, super clean and got it for less than $5,600, I just couldn't pass up the deal. With the economy so tight if you can make a cash offer you can really get a smokin' deal on a new or used bike. If you are considering new or used make sure to check out Motorcycles for Sale - Harley-Davidson, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and More - CycleTrader.com as both dealers and private owners advertise. I love my VFR, best of luck!